22nd November 2017, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for MSW course

I have completed BA in English language and literature and I've passed out plus two with 70 percentage marks in humanities. Am I qualified for MSW?

22nd November 2017, 09:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for MSW course

Eligibility for MSW course:-

Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised University are eligible to do Master of Social Work course.

Mostly the admission to the course will be done on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying examination.

The course duration will be 2 years.

The course is available in various university in India like:-

IGNOU

Manipal University

kalasalingam University

Aligarh Muslim University.
23rd November 2017, 10:51 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue Master of Social Work course, you should have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Minimum 50% to 55% marks is required for admission in MSW course. Most of the universities conduct their own entrance examination to select the eligible candidates followed by personal interview. Therefore, if you can qualify the examination then you can definitely get admission to pursue MSW course.
23rd November 2017, 01:40 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

If you want to do MSW (Master in Social Work) after completing BA in English, then you must have to fulfill below mentioned eligibility conditions:-

Eligibility for MSW (Master in Social Work) Course:-

- Minimum qualification to apply for MSW course is bachelor degree in Social science, Science, Commerce, Management, Humanities, and Sociology from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained.

- Duration of MSW (Master in Social Work) course is 2 years.

- To get admission in some of reputed institutes for MSW course you must have to appear in entrance exam which is based on subjects like General knowledge, Resonating ability, Social work, Verbal ability etc. Here below are details regarding entrance exam for MSW course:-

Entrance Exams for MSW (Master in Social Work) Course:-
  1. Tata Institute of Science and Technology Social Work Entrance Exam.
  2. Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) MSW Admission Test.
  3. Jamia Milia Islamia – JMI MA Social Work Admission Entrance Test.
  4. Sree Sankarcharaya University MSW Entrance Examination.
23rd November 2017, 02:19 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed BA in English language and literature and I've passed out plus two with 70 percentage marks in humanities. Am I qualified for MSW?

Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for the Master of Social Work (MSW) course. MSW course is available to study in various colleges in India in regular and distance mode. Admission to the MSW course is done on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying examination and interview in some colleges. Some colleges conduct an entrance test for the admission to the MSW course. Duration of the course is two years. MSW course can be studied in the following colleges:

Aligarh Muslim University - Official Website

Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune - Official Website

Manipal University - Official Website

IGNOU - Official Website
23rd November 2017, 09:51 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility criteria that is required to join MSW course is as follows:-

Those candidates who have completed B.A in Social work or its equivalent from a recognised University are eligible for Master of Social Work admission.

Your age should be above 18 years.
24th November 2017, 12:42 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are very much eligible for admission in MSW (Masters of Social Work) course after completion of BA in English.
Candidates those who have completed bachelors degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university, are eligible for MSW course.
17th December 2018, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

I want to know about the fee structure of MSW and about the colleges which provides this program in trivandrum district ,kerala
22nd July 2019, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.E. With 75 % am I eligible to do MSW
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?