14th June 2015, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study M.Sc(Astrophysics) for B.Sc(Physics) candidate?

Hello,
I am studying B.Sc in Physics Honours and I want to study M.Sc in Astrophysics. I would like to know that I am eligible or not for study M.Sc in Astrophysics? Kindly let me know as soon as possible.

15th June 2015, 11:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study M.Sc(Astrophysics) for B.Sc(Physics) candidate?

You have got B.Sc in Physics and that is enough to make you eligible for M.Sc in Astrophysics course in India. Those who have engineering degree in electrical/electronics/electrical communication are also eligible to apply for post graduation in this field.

Admission is mostly based on the performance in the entrance exam. You can apply for exams like JEST if you want to go for higher studies in the given field. Therefore, if you want admission in top colleges then be prepared for entrance exam.
9th August 2015, 07:49 PM
Junior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to study M.Sc(Astrophysics) for B.Sc(Physics) candidate?

Hi friend here i will give you some information
-->Obviously you are eligible for that
--> But if you really want to get that you have to score well in your academics
--> And if you want to get seat in the IITs or NITs you have to crack the GATE in Physics subject.
-->You have to get very lowest rank in GATE.
--> Or in another way you have to attempt the CSIR in subject of PHYSICS.
--> Then you will be directly eligible for research in labs like ISRO,DRDO.

Best of luck
thank you
8th June 2017, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

I am studying B.Sc in Physics Honours and I want to study M.Sc in Astrophysics. I would like to know that I am eligible or not for study M.Sc in Astrophysics? Kindly let me know as soon as possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?