29th November 2014, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission to study M.Tech if not qualified in GATE?

Sir,
I have just completed B.E (comp. engg)
and now I want to go for M.Tech..
If I won't get selected in GATE,
what are the other options for me to go for M.Tech????

30th November 2014, 01:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study M.Tech if not qualified in GATE?

You can get admission on the basis of your M.Tech but most of the top colleges prefer candidates who have GATE score. If you are not GATE qualified, then you can apply for entrance examination which is conducted by state technical Universities. If you are able to perform well in the entrance exam, then surely you will get admission in M.Tech program from a decent college.

There are many colleges these days for doing M.Tech and you can surely get admission in any one of those college. Just be prepared for the state level entrance exam for M.Tech, if you don't have a GATE score.

M.Tech course is for those who want to become a lecturer or want to enter research field. If you aim to get into these fields, then only you should pursue M.Tech course. If not then you should go for job.
30th November 2014, 01:55 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is good to see you aspire for higher studies especially M.Tech course after doing graduation in Computer Engineering. GATE is one of the best way to go for M.Tech course especially in the reputed and top institutes of the country like the IITs and NITs. However, if you do not crack GATE, there is nothing to worry as there are other options to pursue your post graduation. You have two options.

- Go for M.Tech in the private universities :-Private Universities like VIT, KIIT, SRM, etc. conduct their own entrance exam for M.Tech course apart from selecting candidates based on GATE score. You can give entrance exams of such private universities and can go for M.tech course.

- You can go for post graduation abroad by giving GRE and TOEFL or IELTS.
30th November 2014, 06:07 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

If you have not qualified in GATE exam, you can apply for PGCET exam. You can also get admission in M.Tech through PGCET exam. And the syllabus for PGCET exam is the syllabus of your graduation course. If you can clear that exam, you can get admission in M.Tech colleges.
And another option is that, you can also get admission through Management Quota. If you want to join in M.Tech through this option, you have to pay more extra fee than the students, who got admission by qualifying GATE and PGCET exams.
28th June 2018, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have written gate exam but I have not qualify in the gate exam and i have not written the tspgcet exam so can i get admission in m.tech.through counselling..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?