14th February 2017, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

How to join navy institute after BCA?

I am planning to join navy after completing my BCA, but I want to know whether we can join directly to navy institution or else only if we pass the exam we are eligible to join? By the I complete my BCA it takes 3 years. Almost at age of 21 I will complete. If I won’t pass in that exam what should I do?

16th February 2017, 12:57 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to join navy institute after BCA?

The Indian Nay can be joined by appearing and clearing the Combined Defence Selection Exam (CDSE) :

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
16th February 2017, 01:07 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join navy institute after BCA?

The minimum educational qualification must be class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics from a recognized university the minimum cut off marks may vary from time to time and the same is promulgated in the advertisement newspaper. You can also join Indian Navy after completion of your BCA by giving the CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC. The candidate must be Indian citizen and must be unmarried male and the age must be in between 19-23 years. If you don't pass, then you have reappeared for the examination. After passing the exam the candidate also have to pass the Physical Fitness Test (PFT). The candidate has to cover 1.6 kilometres in 07 minutes followed by 20 squats and 10 push ups. The minimum height eligibility is 157 centimeters and the weight should be according to height. The male candidate must have his chest in proportionate with the minimum expansion capability of 0.5 centimeters. The eyesight must be 6/12 for better eye and for worst eye it must be 6/9 (with and without glass).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?