29th January 2016, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Is M.Sc. in Geology good to choose after B.Sc. honours in same?

I am looking forward to choose m.sc. Geology course in my post graduation. I am a graduate in b.sc. honours in geology. I want to know if my selection of post graduation is good or not?

29th January 2016, 06:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Sc. in Geology good to choose after B.Sc. honours in same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am looking forward to choose m.sc. Geology course in my post graduation. I am a graduate in b.sc. honours in geology. I want to know if my selection of post graduation is good or not?
You have completed B.Sc in Geology so you are eligible for M.Sc in Geology.

Eligibility criteria for M.Sc in Geology:-

1)Those candidates who have completed B.Sc in Geology or equivalent from a recognized university are eligible for M.Sc in Geology course.

2)Your age should be above 18 years.
29th January 2016, 11:48 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible to pursue for M.Sc in Geology after completing B.Sc in Honours. The educational qualification needed for applying M.Sc in Geology includes a Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university which approved by the UGC. Most of the reputed universities are demanding 50% of marks in undergraduate level for the admission process. Admission is based on the marks acquired in the last examinations of Bachelor degree and entrance test.
30th January 2016, 10:58 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Geology is a very good options. Since you have done graduation in Geology, so it will be good if you go for post graduation in the field of Geology. Moreover, there are very less professionals in this field as compared to the demand and this field will grow more in the coming years in India.

You can get employment opportunity in various organizations at different sites-deserts, land forms, ocean floors, riverbeds, mountains, etc. Research as well as scientific study is generally carried out by most organisations involved in geological work. Geological Survey of India is one of the prime recruiters of candidates in this field. Apart from these, there are ample opportunities in abroad for Geology professionals.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?