2nd November 2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Which MBA is better to choose - Shipping and Port Management or Shipping and Logistics?

I want to know which MBA is better for studying - shipping and port management or mba in shipping and logistics?

2nd November 2015, 11:15 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which MBA is better to choose - Shipping and Port Management or Shipping and Logistics?

Both the courses i.e. MBA in Shipping and Port Management and MBA in Shipping and logistics have their own importance. It is difficult to say which one is better.

My suggestion to you is that you should choose one in which you have your personal interest.

For your kind information i want to tell you that MBA in "Shipping and Port Management" is one of the best management courses and it is generally offered by very few universities and institutions in India.

After completion of your MBA in shipping and port management you can apply in the shipping companies or agencies.

On the other hand after completion of your MBA in shipping and logistics you can deal with following :

** Freight rates

** Shipping cost

** Patterns of sea transport

So in nutshell my suggestion to you is that you should choose any of the two as per your interest.
3rd November 2015, 06:16 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which MBA is better to choose - Shipping and Port Management or Shipping and Logistics?

That totally depends upon ones own choice and field we want to work in.

However, if you want to work in Port Management and look after the work force and monitor it, you should probably go for MBA in Shipping and Port Management.

But, if you wish to keep yourself to the logistics department like handling the materials and the and indulging in that part of business, you should probably go for it.

In the end it's your call as to which stream do you prefer much between the two.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?