28th January 2014, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Is MCA like B.E.(Computer Science)? Details of entrance exam for admission?

Hi,Im sneha,I completed my graduation in BSc (chem),i want to do post graduation in MCA.SO PLE GIVE ME DETAIL INFOABOUT IT.IS MCA(SC) IS AS LIKE AS B.E.(COM)?IS ANY ENTRANC EXAM 4 It?

2nd February 2014, 07:50 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is MCA like B.E.(Computer Science)? Details of entrance exam for admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,Im sneha,I completed my graduation in BSc (chem),i want to do post graduation in MCA.SO PLE GIVE ME DETAIL INFOABOUT IT.IS MCA(SC) IS AS LIKE AS B.E.(COM)?IS ANY ENTRANC EXAM 4 It?
Hey friend,

To tell about the MCA Course,it stands for Master of Computer Applications and it is a Post Graduate course of 3 years and consisting of 6 semesters.

MCA and B.E in Computer Science are pretty much the same,as you doing the BCA course and then doing MCA will get give you more value when compared to be doing B.E which is one course of 4 years duration and known as a Undergraduate course.The thing is that you will have many papers in your Engineering degree but as far concerned about the topics and languages it is most probably the same.

If you have completed MCA and searching for a job there are high chances of you getting placed in MNC companies with good salaries than when compared to a passed out B.E student.

And talking about MCA degree you need to have a education qualification of completed Degree in any stream from a recognzied university and should have Mathematics as subject in your +2.Apart from it there is nothing to be regarded about the age limit as for a PG Course there is no specific age limit prescribed.

But you need to write the entrance exams for joining in MCA,and there are various universities which are offering MCA courses and you wanting to join in those universities should write the entrance exam for it and you would need to satisfy the eligibility criteria's which are framed for the exam.

> AIMCET (All India MCA Common Entrance Test)
> BHU (Banaras Hindu University )
> West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam
> JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University)
> MHT CET
> TANCET(Tamil Nadu Common Admission Test)

ALL THE BEST
4th February 2014, 03:43 PM
roy_abhi

Default Re: Is MCA like B.E.(Computer Science)? Details of entrance exam for admission?

There is many differences among MCA and B.E. computer science course. MCA will teach to more depth of any subject like languages c , c++, Java, C# , .Net , data bases like my sql , sql server, RDBMS, Networking details , Interent, Artificial intelligence , Mobile communication etc. while in B.E. your subject may be the same but the level of exam pattern is low as compare to MCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?