6th January 2016, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have same subject in both graduation and post graduation for NET?

I have passed B.com and now pursuing MA economics, do I have to face any problem in appearing net for doing PhD in future? Will I become eligible to become teacher or professor in higher classes or colleges?

Related Questions:
  1. Which subject to choose to appear for NET exam after completion of LLB Graduation?
  2. How can I do post graduation from IGNOU having done graduation from BHU?
  3. Is PGDBA equivalent to Post Graduate degree as per UGC norms? Is it compulsory to opt for PG subject for NET exam? Can I take my graduation subject for NET exam?
  4. Will I be able to do post graduation course from Amity University if I failed in one of the 5th semester subject in my Graduation course?
  5. Can I do B.Ed along with Post graduation in English?
  6. Can I do post graduation from Amity University if I failed in my Graduation?
  7. Is it necessary to have same subject in both graduation and post graduation for NET? -- [New]
  8. Is it compulsory to have same subject in both graduation and post graduation for NET?
  9. Which subject should I choose in NET having graduation in engineering and post graduation in IT?
  10. In which subject should I do post graduation to become lecturer?
  11. How to become a professor in the university of commerce field? I am a CA final year student
  12. Am I Eligible for post graduation in Actuarial Science?
  13. Is it compulsory to choose your Postgraduate subjects only for appearing in UGC NET?
  14. Eligibility of UGC net with public administration after completing graduation in commerce and post graduation in public administration?
  15. How can I get admission in IIT being a student of Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in NET having a gap of 7 years between Graduation and Post Graduation?
  17. What to do after B.Sc in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I appear for NET after pursuing graduation from Open and post graduation from regular college?
6th January 2016, 05:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have same subject in both graduation and post graduation for NET?

Your post graduation subject will matter if you are applying for UGC NET. There is no problem if you have studied graduation in a different subject.

If you have a post graduate degree in given field with 55% marks then it will be enough for you. After qualifying NET lectureship you can apply for lecturer job in government colleges.
7th January 2016, 12:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have same subject in both graduation and post graduation for NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed B.com and now pursuing MA economics, do I have to face any problem in appearing net for doing PhD in future? Will I become eligible to become teacher or professor in higher classes or colleges?
You are now pursuing M.A in Economics so you are eligible for Ph.D course in Economics.

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
9th January 2016, 01:00 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary at all, you just need need to have completed your PG course in any field to apply for NET examination. After having cleared the examination, you are very much eligible to become a teacher or a professor in any school or college.
10th September 2016, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.com in accountancy and M.com in management of commerce subject with 55 percentage...am I eligible for NET
28th July 2017, 07:54 AM
Unregistered

I have done BA IN ECONOMICS GEOGRAPHY AND POLITICAL SCIENCE,but in post. I want to do MA IN HISTORY...SO PLEASE ADVICE ME SIR CAN I ELIGIBLE FOR TEACHER OR PROFESSOR IN COLLEGES OR FOR NET EXAM
10th September 2017, 04:22 PM
kunalroy89

Graduation and post graduation subjects may differ.Your choice of exam paper in NET will depend on Masters or Postgraduate subject. Qualifying or appearing in NET will not be problematic by separate subjects at separate level. During interviews for Lecturer or fellowship,there might be some questions regarding this but nothing major or disturbing. If you can give proper and solid reason and explanation, no problem will arise. Other than that minor trouble,there will be no problem if your scores in Masters and NET and subsequently,Ph.D are good.
27th May 2018, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have done ba programme in economics and human development and family studies.. as i am not interested much to do masters in economics and i am not eligible to do M.Sc in human development and family studies. Can you suggest me now what to choose for masters for becoming professor?
11th October 2019, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir, if a person did BSc in physical science and then he did MA in political science, wil he be eligible for NET and teaching in Political science
23rd July 2020, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

I have done Masters in Zoology . can i choose Fine arts for NET?
18th August 2020, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I study pg in that subject which I can't study in graduation
23rd October 2020, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir i complete my graduation by office management but it want to take admition in PG and go through histroy so it is possible should i get net field
8th November 2020, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I do my PG(another) with a different subject from graduation(bjmc)?
2nd February 2021, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I've done my graduation in English and now I am pursuing my masters in MSc environment is it possible to apply for NET
14th April 2021, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

dear team please guide me whether m.a finAAL YEAR STUDENTS CAN APPLY FOR NET
11th January 2022, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my bachelor's in commerce and now want to pursue ma in climate change and sustainable development..will I be eligible for net
21st July 2022, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation from BA (HISTORY, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION & GEOGRAPHY) and doing my MBA , can I eligible to appear for UGC NET and for the post of assistant professor in a government college/ university?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?