4th January 2014, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Is the person who scored less than 50% in bachelor degree is eligible for CAT and MBA?

hello everyone,
Please help me out i have completed my bachelor degree with 48% & persuing mcom 2nd year ,so how much % required in post graduate to be eligible for cat

7th January 2014, 11:42 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is the person who scored less than 50% in bachelor degree is eligible for CAT and MBA?

I am sorry you will be not eligible for the MBA entrance exam. For this the candidate should have minimum 50% marks. And for the SC/ST candidates there is relaxation of 5% marks so the candidate need 45% marks to eligible for the MBA entrance exam.

So, if you belongs from the reserved category then you will be eligible for the MBA entrance exam.
If you want to apply for the MBA then it is best for your career. Most of the students prefre this course for their career. And i think it is best for you.
Here are also many other entrace exams for the MBA so you can also apply for those exams. Some are given below.
MAT
XAT
CMAT
GMAT
SMAT
MAH-CET
FMS
and there are also many other exams for the MBA. So you should do preparation for the entrance the syllabus for the all entrance exam is same.
so here is the syllabus for the entrance exam.
Quantitative aptitude
Reasoning ability
General English
Knowledge about the management
General knowldge

so you should do preparation for the entrance exam.
7th January 2014, 08:20 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is the person who scored less than 50% in bachelor degree is eligible for CAT and MBA?

No, you are not eligible to apply for CAT Examination. If you are secured less than 50% Marks in Bachelor's degree because to apply for cat examination the candidate must have a minimum 50% Marks in their graduation.

CAT i.e Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management Once in a year. Commonly examination notification will be publish in the month of August or September in the official website of CAT.

Minimum Qualification to apply for CAT is that candidate should have a posses degree qualification in any discipline from a reputed Institute and must secure at least 50% Marks (45% Marks for SC/ST/DA candidates). Candidate who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for CAT Examination.

The Selection Process of CAT Examination : Written Examination, Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview. Written Examination consist of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English Language, Analytical Reasoning. But if you are belongs reserved category then you have a chance to apply for CAT Examination.
9th January 2014, 06:25 PM
priya kalgikar

CAT entrance exam is conducted for giving the admission to the MBA courses in many colleges.

www.way2college.com/tips-to-prepare-for-cat-entrance-exam-for-seeking-admissions-to-iims.htm
Tips to Prepare for CAT Entrance exam for seeking admissions to IIM'S.

Visit the above url to know more about the Entrance exam.
11th January 2014, 07:22 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This is a national wide Entrance Exam being conducted to give admission for Post Graduate management related programs in various B-Schools and IIMs.

Here is the eligibility criteria that is required in order to apply for this Exam.

You should have completed your Graduation with a minimum of 50% of marks.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC or ST category.

You did not mention the category to which you belongs which is mandatory to judge whether you are eligible to apply for CAT or not.

If you are a candidate from SC or ST category, then only you are eligible to apply for CAT Exam.

This exam is being conducted only once in a year.

This exam is one of the toughest exam in India to crack.

I have seen many candidates who are taking almost 1 year of coaching to crack this exam.

So put your best efforts towards cracking this exam. Then you will get success.

In addition to CAT Exam, there are some state wide Entrance Exams to join MBA course like
TANCET
ICET etc.

But it would be better if you apply for the Entrance Exam that will be conducted within your state.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?