19th December 2013, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Bachelor of Physiotheraphy is eligible for CAT?

hi am a graduate in BACHELOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY . am i eligible to do CAT . what are the steps to be taken.. kindly pl give me a brief explanation to appear for that exam.

20th December 2013, 10:50 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Bachelor of Physiotheraphy is eligible for CAT?

Yes of course you can appear for the CAT exam. This exam is conducted for the MBA admission.

Here is the eligibility criteria required for the CAT exam:
The candidate should have graduation from a recognized university.
The candidate should have minimum 50% marks in graduation.
There is some relaxation for the SC/ST and OBC candidates they required minimum 45% marks.
There is no age limits.

so as you have done graduation then you are eligible to appear for the CAT exam.
This exam is for the admission for MBA in any IIM's. And this is best if you want to do MBA. There are many scopes in MBA and there are so many courses in MBA you can choose any of the course in which you have interest and which is related to your field.

So after that you can apply for the job in many companies related to your field. And it is best if you will get job through the campus placement and for this you need to get admission in good and reputed college or from any of the IIM.

You should start preparation in advance for the CAT exam. here are also many other exams which are conducted for the MBA admission some are given below:
MAT
XAT
GMAT
CMAT
NMAT
SNAP
ATMA
MAH-CET
so you can also apply for these exams.

And here is the syllabus for the MBA entrance exam:
Reasoning ability
Quantitative aptitude
General knowledge related to management
General English

So you have to do preparation for all the sections and you have to attempt all the sections. after getting good marks in entrance you should be called for the GD and after that interview this is your last stage for getting admission.
15th May 2015, 11:35 PM
amanshrivastava98

The eligibility criteria for CAT is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized university under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the graduation.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 21 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for CAT.
17th May 2015, 12:11 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Yes you can apply for CAT.
Let me clear ,friend you had choosen science background in B.Sc physiotherapy. If you wants to study further then you can opt for master degree in physiotherapy field.
CAT is the common admission test to get admission in
- MBA
-MCA course
These two courses are entirely different from your B.Sc physiotherapy course.
Coming to its syllabus,you would be facing difficulties in understanding the specific course definition, tools,terms,short notation,codes words.functions etc. It takes much efforts to clear it.
So my friend focus on your field,there are also opportunities in govt and private sector.so go with physiotherapy in post graduation.don't divert your mind.
Hope you understand it want i means to say.think it once
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?