1st March 2018, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study M.A.(English) for B.A.(Economics) graduate?

Hello, I have been done with my graduation. But I haven’t elected English in my graduation. I have secured 56% in my B.A. Now, I want to do M.A. in English. Is it possible for me? I have completed my B.A. with Economics.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study MCA(H) for Geology graduate?
  2. Possibility to study MS in streams other than IT/CS through GRE for B.E.(Information Technology) graduate?
  3. Possibility to study M.Sc in Fashion Design for B.Sc(IT) graduate?
  4. Possibility to study M.A.(Anthropology) in JNU for B.A.(History) graduate?
  5. Possibility to study Journalism after BA and universities offering course in Journalism?
  6. Possibility to study PhD(Mathematics) for ECE graduate?
  7. Possibility to study an under graduate course in Geography without mathematics and Economics?
  8. Possibility to secure BEd admission for BCom(H) graduate? -- [New]
  9. Possibility to get admission in The University of British Columbia to study under graduate course after 12th (Mathematics) with 74% and 5.5 bands in IELTS? How to get admission?
  10. Possibility to study Ophthalmology Diploma course for Optometry graduate?
  11. Possibility to study Post Graduate Diploma in Plastic Technology for B.Sc Chemistry holder? Which university is best in USA and Canada to study it?
  12. Possibility to study Law for B.Com graduate?
  13. Possibility to study M.Sc in Radiology for Biotechnology graduate?
  14. Possibility to study Post Graduate Diploma in Production and Operations Management course from IIMs? Eligibility criteria and fees required to study the course?
  15. Information regarding different Group Exams? Required Eligibility criteria to appear for these Exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Possibility to study Post Graduate Diploma and Post Graduate degree together in any Commerce stream from IGNOU?
  17. Possibility to study in USA for B.Tech graduate completed from non UGC and AICTE approved college?
  18. Possibility to study in Abroad for 10th female student?
12th March 2018, 10:06 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study M.A.(English) for B.A.(Economics) graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have been done with my graduation. But I haven’t elected English in my graduation. I have secured 56% in my B.A. Now, I want to do M.A. in English. Is it possible for me? I have completed my B.A. with Economics.
Yes, you can do M.A in English after completing B.A Economics. Those who completed their bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply. But some reputed universities required English subject as compulsory at Graduation level. So, you should select the university which does not require English subject at Graduation level.

Top colleges Offering M.A.(English) Course:

Lady Shri Ram College for Women
Address: 27, Kailash Colony Rd, Block L, Kailash Colony, Greater Kailash,
New Delhi, Delhi 110048

Stella Maris College, Chennai
Address: 17, Cathedral Road, Chokkalingam Nagar, Teynampet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600086
Phone: 044 2811 1987

Osmania University
Address: Osmania University Main Rd, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
Phone: 040 2768 2444
13th March 2018, 01:45 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study M.A.(English) for B.A.(Economics) graduate?

Yes, definitely you can opt for MA in English after the completion of BA in Economics, if you have studied English as a subject in your BA course.
Candidates those who have completed their BA degree course with English as a subject from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the MA degree course in English.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?