24th July 2018, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study MCA(H) for Geology graduate?

Dear friends, I have completed my BSc with Geology Honours. I want to study MCA(H) course. So, I just want to know about the possibility to do this MCA(H) course for me. Kindly tell me immediately. Thank you!

26th July 2018, 07:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MCA(H) for Geology graduate?

The full form of MCA is Master of computer applications.

The eligibility criteria for MCA course:

1. You should have done bachelor's degree in science or computer applications or engineering from a recognized university.

2. Mathematics at 12th level is compulsory for this course.

If you have studied mathematics at 12th level then you can apply for MCA course.
27th July 2018, 09:03 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MCA refers to Master of Computer Application and it is a professional master degree course of three years with a bright career scope in the software world.

For pursuing MCA from a recognized university, you need to have completed your graduation degree with at least 50% marks ( or 45% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized university. You also must have opted for Mathematics at your Class 12th or graduation level academics. Students holding BCA or B.SC (IT/CS ) degree course are also eligible for pursuing MCA through lateral entry.

So, being a B.Sc Geology (Hons.) degree holder, you are eligible for pursuing MCA degree course as you must have studied Mathematics at your Class 12th level since you have opted for B.Sc Geology (Hons.) degree course at your graduation level as for pursuing B.Sc Geology (Hons.) degree course one must have completed his/her Class 12th in Science with PCM group.
27th July 2018, 02:38 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications.

Requirements for MCA course:

Academic qualification: B.Sc or BCA or B.Tech candidates are eligible for MCA course.

MCA aspirants must have studied mathematics in 12th standard.

It is possible for you, if you meet mathematics criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?