22nd September 2015, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Qualification required for the post of Assistant Professor in Food Technology?

I am aspiring to become a Assistant Professor in Food Science stream. I want to know about the qualification for the post?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there NET in food technology? What is the qualification of assistant professor in food technology?
  2. Assistant Professor qualification issue with the university
  3. Qualification required for being Assistant Professor?
  4. Minimum qualification required for Food Inspector post?
  5. Required Qualification for Assistant Professor in Mathematics in Engineering and Technology Institutions?
  6. Minimum qualification required to get the post of Assistant professor in Department of Physics of Engineering College
  7. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  8. Required Qualification for the position of Assistant Professor as per UGC and AICTE Rules? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the qualification for Assistant Professor post in department of physics of Engineering College
  10. What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?
  11. Age limit for posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor?
  12. Is NET qualification sufficient for Assistant Professor jobs?
  13. Jobs in Government colleges after B.E in ECE?
  14. What is the upper age limit for assistant professor post?
  15. Eligibility for Professor, Assistant Professor and Lecturer in a polytechnic institute?
  16. Job in GNDU after B.Sc (Non-medical), M.Sc (Mathematics) from Khalsa college and B.Ed from DAV college?
  17. Required Qualification to apply for Food Inspector? How to apply for this? What syllabus to prepare for this?
  18. Is it mandatory to do graduation and higher secondary studies in the same subject to take the government teaching job?
22nd September 2015, 11:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required for the post of Assistant Professor in Food Technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am aspiring to become a Assistant Professor in Food Science stream. I want to know about the qualification for the post?
Eligibility criteria fro Assistant professor post in Government college:-

1) If you have completed Ph.D from a recognized university then you are eligible for this post.

Or

2)If you have valid UGC NET/ SET/ SLET score then you are eligible for this post.
23rd September 2015, 03:17 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Qualification required for the post of Assistant Professor in Food Technology?

Quote:

Those candidates who are interested to become an Assistant Professor in Food Technology, must satisfy the below criteria,

- The applicant must have passed Masters Degree or equivalent qualification in concerned specialization from a recognized university and final applicants are eligible.

- The applicant must have scored a minimum of 55% marks at Master Degree level.

- The applicant must have appeared and qualify in the National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship conducted by University Grant Commission.

Official website - www.ugc.ac.in/
23rd September 2015, 11:26 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Master’s degree in Food Technology with first class or equivalent CGPA at least one level from the recognized institute/ university under the faculty of Engineering / Technology and the candidate should have proven inclination to the teaching and research work in the areas of Food Science and Technology, Commodity Technologies, Food Additives and Ingredients, designing and conducting laboratory practical relevant to the course and the industry.
23rd September 2015, 07:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need at least a masters degree in food technology to become eligible for any teaching job at college level. Also, try to score above 55% marks in your post graduation then only you have good chance of getting a government lecturer job.

If you can qualify exams like NET/SET/JRF then you have good chance of getting a lecturer job in government colleges. In private colleges you can apply based on your post graduation but salary will be according to your experience.
22nd March 2017, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

I am a post graduate in home science with teaching experience for 9 years in the field of nutrition. Am I able to apply for the post of assistant professor in food technology?
22nd August 2018, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Is B. ed is required for the post of assistant professor of food science and technology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?