6th April 2018, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Scope of studying MSc in Criminology?

I have already done my BSc in Criminology but my father is insisting me to do MSc course in the same stream. I am really confused because I don't know what would be my scope after doing MSc in this stream. Please let me know!

6th May 2018, 05:41 PM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Default Re: Scope of studying MSc in Criminology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have already done my BSc in Criminology but my father is insisting me to do MSc course in the same stream. I am really confused because I don't know what would be my scope after doing MSc in this stream. Please let me know!

Candidates can work as forensic scientist, investigator, criminologist, scientist, police officer, counselor, social worker, crime investigator, crime scene analyst, forensic engineers, etc. after completion of MSc Criminology course. They can work in various government and private departments like CBI, forensic labs, detective agencies, police department, NGOs, human rights agencies, etc. Candidates can find the job vacancy details in the job portals or in the newspapers or in the employment news.
7th May 2018, 09:36 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Scope of pursuing M.Sc in Criminology course:

Yes, there is a scope of studying this M.Sc in Criminology course. As you are done with B.Sc in Criminology course, I would suggest you to go with Master of Science course in the same stream. Yes, if you pursue in the same stream then you will be able to find the course much better in order to find further career as well as job opportunities easily.

After successful completion of this M.Sc in Criminology course, you may find employment opportunities in organizations like,
> Forensic Labs
> National Commission for Women
> Central Bureau of Investigation department
> National Institute of Social Defence
> Research and Analysis Wing
> National Human Rights Commission
> National Commission for Protection of Child Rights ..etc.,

as crime investigator, medical investigator, counselor, crime researchers, law enforcement officer, social worker..etc.,
8th May 2018, 10:42 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

After completing MSc in Criminology, you can opt for various job positions in both government and private sectors. You can apply for jobs for some of the positions which I have listed below:

> Private Detective

> Police Officer

> FBI Agent

> Forensic Surgeon

> Crime Investigator

> Drug Policy Advisor

> Consumer Advocate

> Crime Intelligence Analyst

> Environment Protection Analyst

> Crime Scene Analyst etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?