1st March 2018, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Statistics) in Indian Statistical Institute?

Sir, I want to do Post Graduation from Indian Statistical Institute. I have taken admission in Delhi University for B.Sc Statistics. So, I want to know that I have to give any entrance exam for admission in M.Sc course in ISI?

Related Questions:
  1. Indian Statistical Institute MS in Library and Information Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  2. Entrance exam available to study PhD(Statistics) in Indian Statistical Institute, Hyderabad? -- [New]
  3. Syllabus of B.Stat entrance exam conducted by Indian Statistical Institute?
  4. Indian Statistical Institute B.Math Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. How can i crack the Indian Statistical Institute BSTAT entance exam?
  6. Indian Statistical Institute M.Math Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Need sample papers for Indian Statistical Institute exam preparation?
  8. Syllabus of Indian Statistical Institute Admission to study B.Math course? Is it different from CBSE 12th syllabus?
  9. Syllabus and reference books to prepare for Indian Statistical Institute B.Stats entrance exam?
  10. Indian Statistical Institute B.Stat Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Indian Statistical Institute JRF in Psychology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Indian Statistical Institute M.Tech (QROR) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. What do I have to do to get admission in Indian Statistical Institute? Which are the entrance exams in Statistics and Mathematics? Exams conducted for PG admission by IISC, IIT, Indian Mathematical Institute?
  14. Coaching classes for preparation of ISI M.Maths entrance exam?
  15. List of universities to do PhD in Genetics Engineering? Best topics available for it?
  16. Detailed information about Indian Statistical Service? Benefits of joining ISS for B.Sc(Statistics) student?
  17. Reference books for preparation of Indian Statistical Service exam?
  18. Can I study M.Sc(Statistics) in Indian Statistical Institute being a B.Sc(Mathematics) student?
12th March 2018, 04:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Statistics) in Indian Statistical Institute?

Admission is usually based on the performance in the ISI entrance test and interview. Those who have GATE score, can apply directly for the interview round.

Just apply for the entrance exam, when there is a notification by the concerned institution.
12th March 2018, 05:17 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Statistics) in Indian Statistical Institute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I want to do Post Graduation from Indian Statistical Institute. I have taken admission in Delhi University for B.Sc Statistics. So, I want to know that I have to give any entrance exam for admission in M.Sc course in ISI?

Yes, you have to appear for an entrance examination to study Master of Statistics in Indian Statistical Institute. Candidates with a three year bachelor’s degree or BE / BTech degree with Statistics as a subject are eligible to apply for the Master of Statistics course in the ISI. Students with Bachelor of Statistics (Hons) from ISI are offered admission without entrance examination. For all the other students they have to appear for a written test and interview for the admission to study Master of Statistics in ISI. Marks scored in the bachelor’s degree also considered for the admission. You can find the details in the ISI website link given Click Here
12th March 2018, 07:03 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you must have to appear in the entrance examination conducted by the respective Institute in order to get admission for M.Sc in Statistics at Indian Statistical Institute.
You must have to complete your B.Sc course in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it in order to be eligible for the said entrance examination at ISI.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?