6th January 2016, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should i choose for NET with Sociology in post graduation?

I had Psychology and Sociology as my subjects in graduation. I have passed in Psychology with 86% marks. I had thorough knowledge in that subject and also read many books by Indian and Foreign authors for that subject. But when it came to selection of subject for Post-Graduation I opted for Sociology. I was equally good at Sociology too and passed PG with 80% marks but somewhere lack of thorough knowledge turned out to be a drawback for me in UGC exam. I want advise regarding selection of subject in NET? Please guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. In NET Exam is it necessary to choose same subject as in PG (Post Graduation)? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Which subject to choose to appear for NET exam after completion of LLB Graduation?
  3. Is it mandatory to appear in the subject of post-graduation only for NET?
  4. Which subject should I choose in NET having graduation in engineering and post graduation in IT?
  5. Can I appear for UGC-NET before Post Graduation? What subject to choose in PhD after MA English?
  6. How to apply for NET exam? I am a post graduation in Sociology
  7. Which subject to be chosen in post graduation between Sociology or Psychology?
  8. How should I face the IAS entrance exam?
  9. Is it compulsory to choose your Postgraduate subjects only for appearing in UGC NET?
  10. Is this a good choice of joining P.hd in Sociology from Jaipur after completing post graduation in Sociology?
  11. Nalanda Open University-BA in Sociology Part III Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Which course to select for doing post graduation after B.Com?
  13. Is PGDBA equivalent to Post Graduate degree as per UGC norms? Is it compulsory to opt for PG subject for NET exam? Can I take my graduation subject for NET exam?
  14. Am I eligible for NET exam after scoring 51% in PG in Sociology
  15. Is it necessary to choose the optional subject on the behalf of graduation subjects?
  16. Percentage required for Ph.D in sociology after completing graduation in sociology as a non collegiate?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for sociology subject? I hold a master degree in Sociology and MSW
  18. What shall I do to have a better career after completion of Post Graduation in Sociology?
6th January 2016, 11:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should i choose for NET with Sociology in post graduation?

You have completed post graduation degree in Sociology so you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
8th October 2019, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subject should i choose for NET with Sociology in post graduation?

I have sociology subject in my post graduate but I want to prepare ugc net to other subject. So is this possible or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?