3rd March 2012, 07:22 PM
panikassery

How to apply for NET exam? I am a post graduation in Sociology

I am a post graduate in Sociology and i would to apply for net exams. How to proceed?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for NET exam after scoring 51% in PG in Sociology
  2. Is this a good choice of joining P.hd in Sociology from Jaipur after completing post graduation in Sociology?
  3. Can I appear for NET-SET exam after completing PG in Sociology from Calcutta University?
  4. Percentage required for Ph.D in sociology after completing graduation in sociology as a non collegiate? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What shall I do to have a better career after completion of Post Graduation in Sociology?
  6. After completing B.A in Psychology which field can I enter?
  7. When are the forms available for Ph.D private for those who have completed graduation in Sociology?
  8. Am I eligible for B.Ed and TET after doing B.Com with 49.33%
  9. Eligibility to apply in UGC-NET for M.A.(Sociology) student who has completed M.Ed?
  10. Procedure to apply in ICAR-NET for Sociology subject?
  11. Can I apply for the post of Mukhyasevika with graduation in English majors?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for sociology subject? I hold a master degree in Sociology and MSW
  13. How to become a professor in the university of commerce field? I am a CA final year student
  14. How to make a Lecturership career in Sociology field?
  15. How much percentage is required in Graduation and Post Graduation for UGC NET exam? -- [New]
  16. Is PGDBA equivalent to Post Graduate degree as per UGC norms? Is it compulsory to opt for PG subject for NET exam? Can I take my graduation subject for NET exam?
  17. Can I apply for post graduate teacher post in Delhi Government School after passing B.A with 44%? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I do Ph.D in Sociology having completed Graduation in Commerce and M.A. in Sociology?
6th March 2012, 12:59 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for NET exam? I am a post graduation in Sociology

Quote:
Originally Posted by panikassery View Post
I am a post graduate in Sociology and i would to apply for net exams. How to proceed?
As far as the eligibility for National Eligibility Test for Lectureship is concerned, having done masters in any discipline makes one eligible provided the aspirant has qualified its examination with a minimum of 55% marks.

Since you have done your masters in Sociology and if you have scored a minimum of 55% in the examination, you will be considered eligible to take the test in Sociology.

The test is conducted two times a year:
  • In the month of June
  • In the month of December

Since the Test is conducted by University Grant Commission, the notification is usually published on the commission's website.
However, for complete information and to apply for the test online, you must refer to the following website:

www.ugcnetonline.in
13th August 2012, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.sc in mathematics with 62%. Is it necessary for a person who have scored 55% in m.sc mathematics that person has to secure 55% in individual subjects in b.sc?
13th August 2012, 06:03 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for NET exam on line by paying requisite fees for exam through official website of UGC i.e.http://www.ugc.ac.in

NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by UGC two times a year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

As you are a Post graduate in Sociology, you are eligible to apply if you secure at least 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST candidate) in Post Graduation from a recognised University.

There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

For more information you may log on to the official web site of UGC.
13th August 2012, 06:09 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

As far as the eligibility for National Eligibility Test for Lectureship is concerned, having done masters in any discipline makes one eligible provided the aspirant has qualified its examination with a minimum of 55% marks.

Since you have done your masters in Sociology and if you have scored a minimum of 55% in the examination, you will be considered eligible to take the test in Sociology.

In the month of June
In the month of December

Since the Test is conducted by University Grant Commission, the notification is usually published on the commission's website.
However, for complete information and to apply for the test online, you must refer to the following website:

www.ugcnetonline.in
13th August 2012, 11:07 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to apply for NET exam? I am a post graduation in Sociology

Quote:
Originally Posted by panikassery View Post
How To Apply For UGC NET

Eligibility Criterion :-

A candidate is eligible for appearing in the UGC NET only if :-

1) The candidate has completed his post graduation from a recognized University or is appearing for the final year exams..

2) The candidate must have secured an aggregate of 55% in his post graduation without rounding off and 50% for SC/ST candidates..

3) The candidates applying for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) must be within the age limit of 28 years

In order to apply for the exam..you need to Click Here and fill the form and follow the instructions as provided accordingly..whenever the forms are out..

I have attached a few previous year papers of Sociology along with this post for your reference..

You can go through the pattern and the level of questions asked in the papers..

You can Click Here to know about the syllabus of your subject..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
14th August 2012, 08:28 AM
yogesh8955347778

Since you have done your masters in Sociology and if you have scored a minimum of 55% in the examination, you will be considered eligible to take the test in Sociology
In the month of June
In the month of December
However, for complete information and to apply for the test online.
ALOL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?