26th November 2016, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Is there bioinformatics subject in GATE?

Is there GATE exam for bioinformatics subject? Do Bioinformatics students have to prepare for biotechnology syllabus to write gate exam? Please clarify.

26th November 2016, 05:39 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there bioinformatics subject in GATE?

I am extremely sorry to state that there is no separate paper for bioinformatics as such in GATE. Bioinformatics is merged into biotechnology. Hence you need to appear for biotechnology if you are aspiring for GATE. Later on if you want to go for higher studies you can get admission in Bioinformatics field on the basis of your GATE score in biotechnology paper.
30th April 2019, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

I am doing Btech in Computer Science,I would like to take Bioinformatics for my masters. How do I get into that field?
Can I write GATE exam for that?
Also, can I write GATE in CS and after qualifying opt for bioinformatics' college?
30th April 2020, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

I am doing Btech in Computer Science,I would like to take Bioinformatics for my masters. How do I get into that field?
Can I write GATE exam for that?
Also, can I write GATE in CS and after qualifying opt for bioinformatics' college?
8th May 2020, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I am doing Btech in CSE and now I want to do my master in bioinformatics. How can I achieve that
22nd January 2021, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

I have done Bsc in information technology and pursuing msc in bio informatics. I have more intrest in IT field in which exam should I appear after P.G. plz suggest me
6th February 2022, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing BSc honours in Agriculture. Am i eligible for masters in bioinformatics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?