13th September 2015, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Is it true that integrated M.Sc. has better job preference as compared to plain graduation?

I have just passed my 12th board examination with 71% under west bengal board. I simply wants to do graduation. But i have heard that Integrated M.Sc. has a better job preference as compared to plain graduation. Is it right?

Related Questions:
  1. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is Integrated Ph.D better than MSc or MSc?
  3. What does B.Com Vocational course contain? What is Integrated course? Is it true that we can do MSc directly after inter?
  4. Should i go for a job or Ph.D after doing MSc Biotech Integrated in VIT?
  5. Which are the institutes to do Integrated MSc course in microbiology or MSc in microbiology? What is the syllabus and minimum marks required in graduation?
  6. What is the future after completing integrated MSc? What are the job opportunities if I can go for physics? I am studying inter 2nd year
  7. ICSE student can go Dubai to earn money?
  8. Is MS(Software Engineering+B.Tech CS) give more preference as compared to MS(Software Engineering 5 years integrated programme) for jobs?
  9. Job Opportunities after completion of M.Sc in Integrated Biotechnology?
  10. How to try for IISC entrance exam in Integrated MSc/Ph.D course and IIRBS entrance exam in integrated MSc/Ph.D course
  11. 5 year integrated course in biotechnology
  12. Is IT JAM exam good for B.Tech in ECE? What are the job opportunities after integrated MSc?
  13. Is Diploma course equivalent to Graduation?
  14. What are the job opportunities after integrated MSc in economics?
  15. What is the scope of integrated MSc in Biology and computer science? What are the job opportunities available in Bangalore for this course
  16. Will there be any good job opportunities in India after completing first year integrated MSc Biotechnology?
  17. List of top universities which provides M.Sc Ph.D integrated course?
  18. Can I get admission in KMTC for diploma course if secured Grade-C in KCSE?
14th September 2015, 03:22 PM
Sam James

Default Re: Is it true that integrated M.Sc. has better job preference as compared to plain graduation?

The answer depends on what type of job you are expecting.

If you want to continue with the research in the field of interest it is better to take integrated Msc.

Also if you want to take up teaching jobs you can take integrated msc.

Since after integrated msc you can clear NET exam and get teaching position by saving one year compared to those who come by regular degree. 3+2

But concerning jobs, most vacancies are in graduate level and the companies like to give less salaries.

So MSc may sometime act as an over qualification.
14th September 2015, 10:50 PM
ant man

Default Re: Is it true that integrated M.Sc. has better job preference as compared to plain graduation?

Yes it is true that M.Sc has better job opportunities than B.Sc.

You can directly do B.Sc+M.Sc integrated course which will take 5 years to complete.

The eligibility is
>> You must complete 12th with 60% from a recognized board.
>> You must have completed 17 years of age before taking admisison.
>> There is no upper age limit.

The colleges offering integrated m.sc course are
  1. Dinabandhu Andrews Institute of Technology & Management, Patuli, Kolkata
  2. Techno India University, Salt Lake City, Kolkata
  3. Delhi Paramedical & Management Institute, Salt Lake City, Kolkata
  4. Institute of Engineering and Management, Salt Lake City, Kolkata
  5. Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Howrah
  6. Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU), Bhawanipur, Kolkata
  7. St. Xavier's College (SXC Kolkata), Park Street, Kolkata
  8. University of Kalyani, Kalyani, Kolkata
  9. Adamas University, Barasat, Kolkata
  10. Rabindra Bharati University, B.T. Road, Kolkata
  11. University of North Bengal, Siliguri
  12. Amity University, Kolkata, Kadampukur, Kolkata
  13. Institute of Genetic Engineering, Badu, Kolkata
  14. Swami Vivekananda Institute of Modern Science, Sonarpur, Kolkata
  15. University of Calcutta, College Street, Kolkata
  16. Institution of Advance Education, Baguiati, Baguiati, Kolkata
  17. BSE Institute Limited, Kolkata, Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Kolkata
  18. Ramakrishna Mission Residential College, Narendrapur, Kolkata
  19. The University of Burdwan, Bardhaman
  20. Visva-Bharati, West Bengal - Other
  21. Vidyasagar University, Midnapore
  22. Directorate of Distance Education (University of North Bengal), Siliguri
  23. Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal - Other
  24. Bethune College, Hedua, Kolkata
14th September 2015, 11:20 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just passed my 12th board examination with 71% under west bengal board. I simply wants to do graduation. But i have heard that Integrated M.Sc. has a better job preference as compared to plain graduation. Is it right?
For the integrated M.Sc program the student from 10+2 can join and study the course for five years. Now a day’s many colleges provide this course. A number of industries recruit the candidates who pursue the M.Sc. in Integrated mode. But the regular M.Sc after B.Sc also has the same value only.
15th September 2015, 02:08 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

It depends on the University from where you are pursuing the course.
It also depends on your Domain Knowledge and what you know about in depth about the subject on which you are pursuing your M.Sc.
So it is up to you totally but the job preference is same as that of any other M.Sc student.
In terms of normal B.Sc the job preference is more as the candidate is pursuing M.Sc.
So this is the present scenario and a lot depends on the University and Student as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?