10th July 2015, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Is Diploma course equivalent to Graduation?

Is Diploma course equivalent to Graduation? Can I start applying for jobs if I have completed diploma course. Can you please provide me the answer on this soon? I just wanted to know if I really need to do the graduation course or not? Thank you!

10th July 2015, 12:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Diploma course equivalent to Graduation?

No, Diploma course is not equivalent to Graduation. Graduation course has higher value when compared to Diploma course. Graduation is the next level of higher studies that you can pursue after completion of your three years Diploma course. You can also apply for jobs after completion of your Diploma course without pursuing Graduation course. Diploma holders can find job opportunities in Railways, Army, Navy, Transco, etc.,. Whether to pursue Graduation course or not depends upon your interest but, by pursuing Graduation course you can find more job opportunities when compared to Diploma course.
10th July 2015, 01:55 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma course is not equivalent to graduation. Diploma course is just equal to a level of 12th standard. If you want to become a graduate, you should enroll in any Bachelor's course like B.E/B.Tech after the completion of diploma course. To get admission in these courses, you should appear for the lateral entry exam, which is conducted in your state. If you qualify in such exam, you will get admission in second year of B.Tech course.
10th July 2015, 03:02 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No diploma course is not equivalent to graduation. You can't apply for the jobs that required graduate candidates after completing diploma.
To apply for the jobs which require graduate candidates you need to complete pursue graduation first.
Diploma course are equivalent to 12th class.
Graduation can be done after completion of diploma course.
10th July 2015, 03:35 PM
anil_bhatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is Diploma course equivalent to Graduation? Can I start applying for jobs if I have completed diploma course. Can you please provide me the answer on this soon? I just wanted to know if I really need to do the graduation course or not? Thank you!
Both are not equal. Graduation degree has more job opportunities than diploma. In your case, you can for lateral entry programme to get graduate degree from some reputed university like:
Lovely Professional University, Punjab
Gaur Brahman Physiotherapy College (GBPC) - Rohtak, Haryana
DES College of Physiotherapy - Pune, Maharashtra ........etc
You can find the details regarding eligibility criteria and admission process from its website.
10th July 2015, 03:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma is not at all equivalent to Graduation course, is quite different from it, however, you can easily apply for jobs after the completion of your Diploma course, there is no barrier in it.

However, after the completion of your Diploma course if you do apply for job in any sector, you will not be able to avail a job on a higher post or with a good salary as those are all reserved for graduation and Post Graduation degree holders, therefore I suggest you to go for Graduation course and not Diploma.
10th July 2015, 07:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma Course is not equivalent to Graduation. But you can apply for jobs which requires "Diploma" as a Basic educational qualification. Remember, Diploma course is an undergraduate course which is not at all equivalent to Graduation. To find better career path, I suggest you to pursue B.E/ B.Tech course after successful completion of Diploma course. There are many job opportunities available after completion of Graduation course. Yes, you are required to do Graduation course for getting good number of employment opportunities. So, I can say that Diploma course is not at all equivalent to Graduation course.

>> Diploma Course - 10 + 3 year

>> Graduation Course - 10 + 2 + 3/4 (or) 10 + 3 + 3 years

A minimum of 15 years course is basically considered as a Graduate Degree, and so Diploma course (13 years qualification) which is not at all equivalent to Graduation.
11th July 2015, 01:31 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, diploma is not at all can be compared with graduation. Graduation is a course which can be done after Diploma but cannot be ranked equivalent. Graduation is a study which is done right after candidates complete their respected +2 or Diploma degree from a recognized school board of education.

In the case of completing 3 years of Diploma you can apply for graduation for direct second year as that is the main advantage of doing Diploma. Diploma is a course which can be done right after completing your respected 10th.

So, diploma is not equivalent to graduation.
14th August 2016, 11:54 AM
nayand1234

No diploma in any field is not equivalent to a graduation degree.
The difference between a diploma and a graduation is exactly the same as the difference between a graduation and a post graduation.
Graduation is at a higher level than diploma in all fields.
Though you can get jobs through only your diploma but it would be tough for you to get a good job that pays well and offers a good post.
For that you will have to do graduation in your own field and not in any other.
24th June 2022, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Is Diploma Candidate Hire In IT industry for testing or devlopement
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?