31st December 2015, 07:19 AM
Unregistered

WHat is the procedure to become a Mathematics professor?

I am sakashi gautam. I am doing the bsc 2nd year and i want to became the professor of mathematics. But mathematics is not listed in list of cbsc net exam. Please tell me what is the process to become mathematics professor?

thanks

sakshi gautam

31st December 2015, 05:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: WHat is the procedure to become a Mathematics professor?

The minimum requirement to apply for a lecturer job in a private college is M.Sc in Mathematics post graduation. If you can qualify exams like NET/SET then it will be very good for you because for government lecturer job it is compulsory.

Hence, you should try to study till post graduation and try to be prepared for NET/SET because it is the most crucial exam for getting a lecturer job.
31st December 2015, 10:38 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am sakashi gautam. I am doing the bsc 2nd year and i want to became the professor of mathematics. But mathematics is not listed in list of cbsc net exam. Please tell me what is the process to become mathematics professor?

thanks

sakshi gautam
To become a Mathematics professor the candidate has to study M.Sc in Mathematics first. After the post graduation you can appear for NET/SET examinations, the clearing of this will get you a job in government colleges as Lecturer. You have to study PhD in Mathematics to become a Professor. The website link is http://cbsenet.nic.in/cbsenet/welcome.aspx
31st December 2015, 11:29 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

thanks

sakshi gautam
It is good to hear that you are interested to become a Mathematics professor. Those who are interested to become Mathematics professor must complete PhD in Mathematics along with UGC NET score card. Master degree in Mathematics with at least 55% of marks is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for PhD in Mathematics.
6th May 2020, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Ed is necessary after bsc maths
21st May 2020, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

I am Enakshi Ghosh. I am studying BA mathematics hons. I want to be a lecturer in mathematics.What can I do for that.
Thank you.
11th July 2020, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

how to become a mathematics professor after completing b.tech in electronics?
please tell me the full path , exams, criteria everything!
I would really appreciate that.
5th December 2020, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

I have better mark in Mac maths.. Then what i do
15th April 2021, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

I'm interested in becoming a maths professor but I have heard that open caste students don't get a permanent position in college. Is that true and if yes than what can I do to become a maths professor
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?