21st September 2014, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of Master of Fashion Tech at NIFT currently?

Hi,
I have finished my B.E in ECE in 2012. Right now I am working at a reputed firm as a software engineer. But I have lately realized that my passion is in the field of fashion designing. I hadn't known that i cud pursue my post graduation i.e MFT till recently. What i want to know is if I will be given less preference due to my engineering background i.e. during the admissions or later on for placements?
The admission process @ NIFT kickstart in January. I have to make a firm decision n also prepare if required by then. Thus I want to talk to an experienced person in the field privately. It would be good if I could get a mail id to get in touch with.

19th October 2014, 02:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of Master of Fashion Tech at NIFT currently?

Fashion Technology is a very good field and it is definitely a good choice, if you have interest in it. You have to crack an entrance exam for getting admission in NIFT for Master's in Fashion Technology. B.Tech is absolutely fine qualification for admission into this course. Therefore, apply for this exam and be prepared for the competition as it is a national level entrance exam.

You will have job opportunities in following fields after completion of the course.

1. Garment industries

2. Export houses

3. Manufacturing firms

4. Visual merchandising

Admission is based on the entrance exam and you will not be given preference of any type according to qualification. All you have to do it perform well in entrance exam and get admission in NIFT.

For more information visit http://www.nift.ac.in/admissions.html
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?