2nd December 2015, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

What should I do between higher studies and UGC NET after completing masters in computer science?

I have completed my Master's in computer science, I am preparing for UGC NET as well, should I continue my studies or I should focus on UGC NET only?

3rd December 2015, 06:47 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do between higher studies and UGC NET after completing masters in computer science?

From my point of view, you should take one thing at a time and devote your all energy, hard work and dedication towards it in order to get the best results. You must focus on University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test only.

For this exam, you should have at least 55% marks in Master's degree. The upper age limit is 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship and for Lectureship, there is no upper age limit.
3rd December 2015, 11:47 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do between higher studies and UGC NET after completing masters in computer science?

The problem here is that without UGC NET qualification you won't get admission in a reputed college for your higher studies. You will probably get admission in a private university for your Ph.D or M.Phil which will be very expensive plus you will not get the fellowship.

If you qualify UGC NET then it will allow you to get admission in a good college with fellowship which will help you in a great way. Also, you can apply for lecturer post if you have NET score. Hence, decision is yours and you have to take it.
3rd December 2015, 11:48 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The problem here is that without UGC NET qualification you won't get admission in a reputed college for your higher studies. You will probably get admission in a private university for your Ph.D or M.Phil which will be very expensive plus you will not get the fellowship.

If you qualify UGC NET then it will allow you to get admission in a good college with fellowship which will help you in a great way. Also, you can apply for lecturer post if you have NET score. Hence, decision is yours and you have to take it.
3rd December 2015, 11:52 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

3rd December 2015, 04:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

It lot depends upon your interest to decide the best option. But both the option is good so you can definitely go with anyone.

If your interest in the becoming the lecturer or joining as JRF you can focus on NET examination conducted by the UGC twice every year.

Other than this you can go for the Ph.D or more options as in higher studies in computer science.
3rd December 2015, 09:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my Master's in computer science, I am preparing for UGC NET as well, should I continue my studies or I should focus on UGC NET only?
You have completed Masters degree in Computer Science so you can try for UGC NET exam. It's very helpful for you.

If you have once qualify in UGC NET exam then you can apply for Assistant Professor post in government colleges.

The another option is higher study. After getting UGC NET score, you can apply for Ph.D course in any Institute in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?