1st December 2017, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to get admission in M.Sc computer science?

Hello Sir, I completed my BCA graduation in 2013 from MGS university. Now I want admission in M.Sc computer science? College says your gap of three year is not acceptable in university. What should I do? Help me.

Related Questions:
1st December 2017, 08:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to get admission in M.Sc computer science?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you may pursue M.Sc in Computer Science course in correspondence mode. I think there are restrictions for doing this course for colleges offering regular M.Sc in Computer Science course.

Hence, I would suggest you to pursue this course in correspondence mode as there will not be much restrictions. The only qualification that will be required to be eligible is "Bachelor's Degree" concerned stream from a recognized university.

Some of the colleges that are offering this M.Sc in Computer Science in correspondence mode are,

() Sikkim Manipal University
https://smude.edu.in/smude/programs/...gy/msc-it.html

() Anna University
https://www.annauniv.edu/cde/msc.html

() Acharya Arjuna University
http://www.nagarjunauniversity.ac.in/
1st December 2017, 08:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If university has issues with your gap, then you must show them the reason for it, with document proof. If they still have issue, then you can't do much and have to look for some other option.

If present university is not giving you admission, then you can go for some other university, which doesn't have problem with your gap.
1st December 2017, 09:27 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Graduates in Computer Science can seek admission to MSc in computer science course under Osmania University or any other University which offer this course. Applicant must possess a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination and selection to these courses is done through entrance test. After completing your degree, you can find jobs in banks, government departments like PWD, pollution control board etc. Defence Services, Railways comma are other public sector organisations where you can find employment. Private sector firms like Infosys, Wipro, Mahindra Satyam also recruit graduates in Computer Science theme for various job profiles.
1st December 2017, 11:02 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission for M.Sc computer science, you should have completed your BCA with minimum 55% to 60% marks from a recognized college/university. There are lots of universities which doesn't allows admission to candidates having long year gaps. You may or may not find any such university which allows admission to those candidates. However, you can still pursue the course through distance mode. Choose an distance learning institute which is recognized by UGC and DEC, so that the degrees received from there will have a value.
2nd December 2017, 01:18 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I completed my BCA graduation in 2013 from MGS university. Now I want admission in M.Sc computer science? College says your gap of three year is not acceptable in university. What should I do? Help me.

To get admission in the MSc Computer Science, you have to apply to the college online or offline. Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science like BSc Computer Science or BCA are eligible to study the MSc Computer Science. You have to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission to the MSc Computer Science course. Duration of the course is two years. The MSc Computer Science course is available in various colleges in India in regular and distance mode. You can apply for various posts after completion of MSc Computer Science like system administrator, software programmer, software tester, software analyst, IT consultant, web application developer, lecturer etc.
2nd December 2017, 09:17 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

There are various institutes in India offering MSC Computer Science. Also top institutes have their own entrance examination and a particular eligibility criteria.

Best institutes in India for MSC computer science:-

TIFR

C- DAC

ISI

Pondicherry University

Pune University

Educational qualification:-

The candidate should have passed a bachelor's degree from a recognised University.

Some institutes require a background in mathematics. University of Delhi too is best for this course.

All above mentioned institutes have their own exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?