11th April 2015, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for attending campus placement when I have one backlog in 6th semester?

Hello sir,

I am a b.tech 6 sem student,i never get backlog in any subject till 6 sem,but in 6 sem i got 1 backlog,now in 7 sem companies like tcs accenture etc will arrive for campus placements.i m afraid will i be eligible for that? my 10 and 12 both are 85% and b.tech is above 70..i m very afraid of that i will not be eligible to sit in the placements. pls clear my doubt..thank you

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria for HCL?
  2. Will I get placement in any company after having a backlog in the 6th semester?
  3. Am I eligible for placement if I have a backlog in 6th semester?
  4. Am I eligible to attend Mahindra Satyam On-Campus Interview having a backlog in 3rd semester of B.Tech(EEE)?
  5. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for Capgemini if having backlog in B.E.(IT) 6th semester?
  7. Am I eligible for campus placement with 58% in B.Tech till 6th semester?
  8. Am I eligible to attend Wipro Technologies Off-Campus Drive if had a backlog in B.Tech 8th semester?
  9. How should i prepare for off campus and on campus placements? I am a B.Tech 6th semester student
  10. How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Will I be eligible to attend the campus interviews of Wipro, Accenture and Infosys after scoring 65% marks till 6th semester?
  12. Am I eligible for TCS campus placements after failing in 6th semester?
  13. Am I eligible for Infosys off campus placement after scoring 6.88 CGPA in 6th semester?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for Internship in SAIL if having backlog in B.Tech 4th semester?
  15. Will I be eligible for Syntel Campus Recruitment being a candidate of pursuing 7th semester of B.Tech having secured 80% and with 1 backlog?
  16. Will I face problems attending campus placements if I have 2 backlogs in my 5th semester?
  17. Am I eligible for placement in Infosys or other MNC's after passing 3rd year with 70% and a backlog?
  18. A student which has one year gap in degree along with one current backlog is eligible for Syntel campus placement?
12th April 2015, 11:40 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for attending campus placement when I have one backlog in 6th semester?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,

I am a b.tech 6 sem student,i never get backlog in any subject till 6 sem,but in 6 sem i got 1 backlog,now in 7 sem companies like tcs accenture etc will arrive for campus placements.i m afraid will i be eligible for that? my 10 and 12 both are 85% and b.tech is above 70..i m very afraid of that i will not be eligible to sit in the placements. pls clear my doubt..thank you
Yeah, you are correctly guessed. You are not eligible to apply for campus placements while having backlogs in the previous semester. Main point of campus placements, the candidate should not have any backlogs at the time of campus placements. So, try to clear the paper in current semester. After clearing the backlog, you are definitely eligible to apply for TCS and Accenture drive. Don't be afraid of these things, the drives will not complete in one semester. The drive will be conducted throughout the year in different places. Of course. Now you are not eligible to apply while having backlog in the previous semester. But, after clearing your backlogs, you are definitely eligible to apply for TCS and Accenture.
12th April 2015, 04:26 PM
indusree15

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for attending campus placement when I have one backlog in 6th semester?

Quote:
Hello sir,

Some recruiters make no backlogs mandatory , but as per my knowledge, if you perform well at the aptitude test and interview/gd , you obviously have the chance to get selected provided you hav cleared the backlog . Do not lose confidence coz of the one backlog. Its nothin
Good luck ..
12th April 2015, 09:22 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for attending campus placement when I have one backlog in 6th semester?

I am extremely sorry to state that most of the companies will not allow you to sit for their recruitment drive. This is because they do not allow backlogs and they are quite strict in this regard. However, there are other companies in which you can sit since some companies allow up to 2 backlogs. However, you should not worry much since these are beyond your reach. So, aim to do well in whatever companies you are eligible and try to clear your backlog as soon as possible by appearing in the supplementary or back exam.
13th April 2015, 12:27 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to attend for the campus placements. Mainly the companies will see the aggregate till third year second semester. That is the candidate should have aggregate of 68% with not more than 2 backlogs till 3-2 are eligible to attend for the interview.
15th April 2015, 06:23 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for attending campus placement when I have one backlog in 6th semester?

Quote:
Hello sir,

yes, you are eligible for the campus recruitment organized by these companies. Since, these companies demands no current backlog. If you are having the current backlog then it should be cleared. Since, you are in 7th semester and you got your backlog in the 6th semester, and i think that you must have cleared that. So, don't worry, you are still eligible to appear in the recruitment process.
22nd January 2017, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am in 3rd year now and I have 1 backlog in first semester .If I passed this subject in next semester and at the time of placements there will be no backlog then still I will not allowed to apply in campus placement?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?