5th July 2016, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a job in software company after scoring 59.3% marks in BE?

I have 64% in 10th,62% in 12th and 59.73% in BE degree with 1 year gap..so can i get job or not in software company please tell me? What should I do now? It will be helpful if you can provide me the complete details on the same as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get a job in software company after scoring 59.3% marks in BE?
  2. Which is the best software course to pursue after B.Tech for getting a good job in IT Company?
  3. Am I eligible to get a job in any Software Companies after completing B.Tech Computer Science scoring 70% marks?
  4. Am I eligible to get a job in software company after scoring 53% in 10th, 54% in 12th and 56% in B.Tech?
  5. Am I eligible to get a job in software field after scoring 56 percentage marks in B.Tech? -- [New]
  6. Am I eligible to get job in software companies after scoring 59 percentage marks in 12th standard?
  7. Is it possible for me to get a good software company job after completion of B.Tech IT course with 69% marks?
  8. Can I get a job in software field with 56% marks in B.Tech?
  9. Am I eligible for software company after scoring 67% in B.Tech and 93% in Inter?
  10. Am I eligible to get a job in software company? I have scored 84.5% in 10th
  11. Which college can I get after scoring 593 marks in EAMCET?
  12. Which software company do not consider 2nd division marks in 10th?
  13. Am I eligible for software company after scoring 65% in B.Tech, 63.4% in 10th and 54% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I get a job in software company if my degree marks is less than 60%?
  15. Can I get a job in software company after scoring 50% in 10th standard
  16. Will I get a job in any software company after scoring less than 60% in aggregate in B.E exam
  17. What is the eligibility criteria followed to apply for software company after completion of 12th with 56% marks?
  18. For which post do the software companies hire diploma holders? Currently I am working in telecom networking company but not interested in job. Should I quite this or complete my year?
8th July 2016, 08:28 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a job in software company after scoring 59.3% marks in BE?

I am extremely sorry to state that you will not be eligible for most of the software companies as a fresher since most of the software companies have 60% throughout the career as the eligibility bar especially in B.Tech course. Hence, you should do the following.

- Try for startups and small scale software companies which do not have such eligibility criteria.
- You can also prepare and appear in entrance exams based on which you can get a job in government sector and other fields like banking, defense, railways, civil service, etc.
- You can go for higher studies post which you can have good job scope.
8th July 2016, 06:05 PM
monu2681992

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a job in software company after scoring 59.3% marks in BE?

Yes, you can get a job in any MNC even though you have a gap of 1 year but based on your percentage in BE it seems to be difficult for you to get into any of the campus recruitment drive organized by any of the MNC as you do not meet the minimum requirements of percentage for the recruitment drive, which should be minimum of 60%.

Since, you have more than 60% in your 10th as well as 12th but you do not have the same in your BE degree.
8th July 2016, 10:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You will not be eligible for fresher jobs in top software companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, HCL etc, due to less than 60% marks in BE degree, but there are many other companies which don't have such percentage criteria.

You can try in other smaller companies for job. After gaining experience you can look for top software companies.
9th July 2016, 12:21 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 64% in 10th,62% in 12th and 59.73% in BE degree with 1 year gap..so can i get job or not in software company please tell me? What should I do now? It will be helpful if you can provide me the complete details on the same as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible to get a job in software company with 59.3% marks in BE. You may find some companies which recruits candidates who have scored less than 60% aggregate marks in engineering. So, you have to keep applying for the companies and attend the interviews. You have to clear an aptitude test, technical round interview and personal interview for the selection. There are lots of companies in these days which focus on pure skills. You will definitely get a job, but keep learning. To try to form an impressive resume.
23rd August 2016, 03:29 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

With 59.3% marks in B.E you will surely miss big MNC's as they want minimum 60% marks throughout your academic career.
But there are several start up companies or other companies out there who do not have this criteria. You can try those companies to have a start in software industry. Later after having some experience and skills you can god for bigger companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?