31st October 2016, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Which is better? Joining course is better or searching for a job?

Hi I am Shruti

I completed my b.e(CSE) branch in 2014 I'm fresher and my %in 10 is:61% and in puc:50% and in b.e:60% I'm searching job from past 3 months but all tech support jobs in all MNC company they are asking % 65 so I don't have that % so now I'm thinking to join course(Java ) in bangalor so weather I have to join course or I have to try job up to December??

31st October 2016, 09:51 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better? Joining course is better or searching for a job?

You should apply for GATE exam. Through this exam, you will be eligible to apply for a job in so many PSU's. My suggestion to you is that you should try to score more than 60% in GATE exam for better competition. Don't fix your desire for a particular company. Being a fresh candidate, you should try to learn things practically whether it is in MNC's or any other core company.
On the other hand, if you are interested in further education, then you should definitely go for that. Because higher the education, better will be the chance to get a job in MNC's.
31st October 2016, 11:05 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

You should not waste your time and opt for some good certification courses through which you can get a job. It is true that most of the MNCs have set the eligibility criteria as 60% throughout the career and since you do not have it so it is difficult for you to get a job. Thus, the ideal option is to opt for a course and try for jobs side by side. Once you complete the course, you can get jobs in various small scale companies or startups and then later switch to better companies on account of your experience wherein your academic career will not hold much importance.
1st November 2016, 10:26 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Getting a higher qualification is always better than joining any company for job after completion of your graduation as the higher degree you posses, the better career opportunities you will be having in future. I would therefore, suggest you to opt for higher studies and then look for job with having more options open in front of you.
1st November 2016, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

As your background in Embedded System you can join Embedded Development of hardware or firmware, or networking CCNA also. Java has bright future but It's already in good supply even more than demand... instead develop skill on your fild like linux kernel scripting, raspberry/arduino device development real world application. This one is also good book for arduino application development.
1st November 2016, 08:02 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

You have mentioned above that you scored 60% in your B.E, but still you cannot get jobs in MNCs due to higher percentage requirements and that's why you want to join Java course, so I would say that you have taken an excellent decision.

You are looking for jobs from the past 3 months, so now you can move forward with your java course instead of wasting your time on searching for jobs. The time that you will spend in searching for jobs by that time you can complete your java course. So, it would be better if you keep patience and wait till you complete your course. Quit looking for jobs and concentrate on your studies, so that you score well this time and get better job opportunities in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?