1st March 2014, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I practice Dentistry in UAE having 12 years experience? Which exam will I have to give?

My name is Dr Mona from India. . I am BDS with 12 years of experience. I want to practice or work as a dentist in UAE. can i practise without giving exam. If no which exam should i give and Exams will held where India or UAE.. Pls reply...

12th August 2016, 02:34 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I practice Dentistry in UAE having 12 years experience? Which exam will I have to give?

Yes, in order to practice BDS or work as a dentist in UAE you have to give an exam which is conducted by the Medical Council of UAE in Dubai itself.

UAE government allows you to practice by yourself, for this you need to be an MDS qualified dentist with 2 years of experience. If you are a BDS graduate, you can only work as an assistant to an MDS doctor. In order to practice in Dubai you must appear for DOH viva exam and to practice in emirates you need to pass the MOH written and viva exam.

> You need to have a valid proof of your degree and work experience.

Once you clear, you will get licence to practice in Dubai.

You need to check with the concern authority on the experience required to practice in Dubai and other Emirates of UAE because the requirements keeps on changing by the Ministry.

For BDS candidates to practice as a Dental GP they need to have 5 years of experience
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?