9th September 2016, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for a mechanical technical interview while doing B.Tech?

Hi,

I am a 7th semester btech mechanical student. can you plz guide me as to how to prepare for my technical interviews?? and what are the most important chapters in quantitative aptitude upon which i should have good command to crack the aptitude tests of any campus placement??

11th September 2016, 10:29 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for a mechanical technical interview while doing B.Tech?

If you want to apply for on campus or off campus recruitment drive for getting jobs in Private sector company. Generally private sector companies have three stages of recruitment drive:

>>Quantitative Aptitude and Email writing.

>>Group Discussion

>>Technical interview.

>>Last stage is Human Resource interview.

In case of aptitude test, you can practice Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal. Some of the most important topics are Number system, Average, Percentage, CI and SI, Percentage, Mensuration, Time and work and Time and distance etc. This book's practice is sufficient to clear aptitude test of any private sector company.

For technical interview, you must revise your basic concepts of different technical subjects of mechanical engineering like Thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, referigeration and air conditioning, Fluid mechanics etc.
11th September 2016, 01:00 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for a mechanical technical interview while doing B.Tech?

Preparation tips for the campus interviews :-

- You need to be fundamentally strong in your domain. This is usually the prime requisite for any technical interview.
- Make 2-3 subject areas as your strong point.
- Have adequate knowledge on the training/internship/certification which you had undertaken during the course.
- Prepare yourself with the common interview questions in your domain.
- If attending IT recruitment drives, then knowledge in programming is must.
- For aptitude written test, you need to have rigorous practice of all sections of aptitude. Areas which are coming are speed,distance,time,work, percentage, profit and loss, Interest, number system, algebra,etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?