23rd January 2014, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Intra switching in Tata group companies?

Sir/Mam,

If i get selected in tcs then could i switch to the other sectors of tata like tata powers nd asking coz i m persuing BE with ee branch?

Thanks.

26th January 2014, 01:26 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Intra switching in Tata group companies?

No, it won't be that easy to switch to different companies within the Tata group because main reason being the administration will be different even when the name is same.

So, the only way you can try out is to apply for the vacancy in the Tata Powers company and apply for the same, so there is a chance of you getting a higher priority to get the job as you have already worked in TCS software and have shifted to Tata Powers which is related to your EEE course.

Still you can give a chance to talk with your Manager when you have one to one meeting with him. Just share your views stating that it will be good for your future career to be in your course of interest and if it will be possible to get a job rotation between tata companies just to make sure that your Manager know about your interests so that if something comes up your Manager will let you know about the possibilities.

If you feel that your Manager won't accept that for sure then better not to talk that and check for the vacancy in Tata Power and then apply for it to get the job.

It will be good if you know someone who is working in Tata Power so that you can ask them about the job details vacancy and apply for the same.
19th June 2014, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Maám,

I am currently working in TCS and have completed 1 year 6 months here. But i am still looking for jobs in electrical sector. I gave Gate 2014 in Electrical branch and have got 688 all india rank.

Is it possible for me with this rank to switch to Tata Power as i would still like to be a part of tata family.
1st December 2015, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

I am working in Tata projects. I got an call from the Tata housing. As I just join Tata projects so I don't want to disclose about Tata projects to Tata housing. Is it necessary to tell them about it or I should tell them during the interview. Please suggest?
17th June 2022, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Hi Right now I'm working in Tata Technologies mumbai location .i want to change to TCS for Hyd location .is it possible...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?