5th June 2015, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Jobs in banking sector after doing Economics honours?

how many jobs in banking sector after economics honours.

I am very much interested to do job in banking sector.

Thanks

5th June 2015, 08:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Jobs in banking sector after doing Economics honours?

If you are doing Bachelor Degree in Economics (Honours), then I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in Bank recruitments. There is a very good scope for Bankers now and in near future. This is the reason why, huge number of vacancies are getting notified every year. So I can say that you may find good number of jobs in Banking sector with the educational qualification you have. Since Every year around 50000 vacancies are getting filled up, I would strongly say that you may get selected if you can prepare very well for the examination. If you are pursuing Bachelor Degree in Economics (Honors), then you are eligible to apply for the following recruitments.

>> SBI Clerical Recruitment

>> SBI PO Recruitment

>> IBPS RRB (Regional Rural Bank) Office Assistant and Officer Scale Recruitment

>> IBPS Clerk Recruitment

>> IBPS PO (Probationary Officer) Recruitment

As you are very interested to work in banking sector, I strongly suggest you to work on all the sections covered in Bank recruitments. Try to get command over all the 5 sections Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Awareness, General English and Computer Awareness/ Marketing Aptitude.
5th June 2015, 11:18 PM
mwh

You are eligible for bank jobs as you have completed your graduation. So,you can give the bank exam for the job of bank po's.
For this exam you have to take coaching SSC CGL which makes your exam easy.
The age limit is 21 to 30 years.
Age relaxation for obc,sc/st is available.
All the best
6th June 2015, 01:09 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Ample of Jobs available with even Economic honours student. But you must remember that you should complete at least graduation from the recognized University. So as per this one you have to chose your career in Banking sector.

For any bank job even for Clerical job you need to have a Graduation in any stream from the recognized University with minimum percentage of marks. There is No requirement of percentage for reserved candidates.

Final year candidates of graduation can also eligible to apply for Bank Exams. But you have to submit Original documents at the time of Interview.

In general for Clerical jobs in various banks conducts the Common written Examination through IBPS. Once you completes the Written Examination then based on marks you will be called for Interview.

Thus you will get a bank job in various government banks. Every year many employees retires from the various bank's. So the Posts are empty for every year. Based on the requirement of posts you will be selected for further process.

Selection Process :

<> Written Examination

-- Preliminary

-- Main's

<> Group Discussion ( Only for PO/MT's)

<> Personal Interview.
6th June 2015, 01:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how many jobs in banking sector after economics honours.

I am very much interested to do job in banking sector.

Thanks
After completion of bachelor degree in economics, you can apply for bank clerical and PO exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
10th March 2018, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

I have passed Bsc in Economics honours in the year 2001 from Calcutta University and my age is now 38. But i moved to different stream in medical line and doing job there. Is there any scope now to go for job with economics honours degree? Kindly suggest.
21st March 2018, 11:23 AM
ravimahawar1234
Member+

To get the job in banking sector after completion of your graduation you can appear in the examination like –
SBI PO
SBI Clerk
IBPS PO
IBPS Clerk
RBI Recruitments
Private banks also offers the vacant posts to the well qualified and deserving candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?