23rd March 2011, 09:14 PM
sunilshagun

Course for getting into Banking sector?

I have Economics,Business studies,Maths,Accounts,and English in class 12th.CBSE as my subjects.
Which course I should Pursue now If I want to enter banking sector .

Related Questions:
17th October 2011, 06:05 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Course for getting into Banking sector?

Banking sector is usually suitable for student in accountants and finance. Opting for Maths, economics and accounts will be best for you. There are many job opportunities for you in banking sector. You can write clerical exams of various public sector banks after 12th. If you are looking for a career as PO then apply for bank PO exams after completing graduation.
17th October 2011, 09:53 PM
goutambiswas87

Dear,
if you are looking for clerical post in banking sector then you can apply it after your 12th standard.
for better post,you have to complete your graduation at first.

thanks..
8th October 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

what cources i should do after 12th do become a bank manager
16th February 2013, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

how was b.com honour to apply for banking
17th February 2013, 01:19 AM
mayankt

Hi,
There is no hard and fast rule or qualifications to get into the banking sector. The banking industry, as is the case with every other industry, involves a diverse set of roles. However, generally, people with a background in finance are preferred in the banking sector over everybody else,you could get into the banking field right after your class XII. All you had to do was clear the banking exams, clear the interview, and get placed at clerical positions in public sector banks.
However, starting from 2012, people withouta graduation degree are not allowed to sit for IBPS Clerk Exam. IBPS Clerk exam is the exam conducted by IBPS for recruitment to public sector banks at clerical positions
17th February 2013, 08:40 AM
the monk

if you want to work as p.o or clerk for the bank then there is no need of pursuing commerce background subjects.just attempt the exams which they are conducted with degree qualification only.but you have already completed +2 with commerce background..so it's very better to go for arts subject group in your degree..then you have lot of opportunities to get the bank job easily..all the very byst
17th February 2013, 12:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

There is no such specific course that can help you to be become a branch manager in banks.

If you want to make your career in banking sector then you have to clear the entrance examinations.

IBPS which stands for the Institute of Banking and personnel selection conducts entrance examinations for the clerk and probationary posts for 19 different nationalised banks.

SBI conducts its own entrance examinations for both the above mentioned posts.

For clerk ,you need to be 10+2 passed with at least 50% marks from a recognized board and the age limit is 18-28 years.

For probationary posts you need to be a graduate in your desired discipline with at least 60% marks in it for SBI and 50 for IBPS banks.The age limit is 21-30 years .Upper age limit relaxed for the reserved categ
ory.

SBI bank entrance exam pattern:

IBPS entrance exam pattern:

Best institute at which you can prepare for the entrance exams are :

TIME:Triumphant Institute of Management education

Brilliant tutorials

JTS institute

RVE technologies

Bright Infotech

For any other details regarding IBPS exam ,visit www.ibps.co.in and for SBI entrance examinations visit www.sbi.co.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
17th February 2013, 01:20 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
For getting into the banking sector, you will have to give the exams that are conducted by the different banks. There is no prescribed course for joining the banking sector but as all the entrance exams of banking sector contains mathematics and reasoning questions, it is advisable to have mathematics as your main subject in your higher secondary and graduation course. Because for getting into the banking sector as a PO, you have to be a graduate in any stream from a recognized university of India.
Gud luck
29th September 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

hi i have completed 12th (arts) with 56% i'm interested in banking ... how to apply for clerical post in any bank?
13th February 2015, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared company secretary n b.com ...now I want to apply for banking job...what should I do???
mail me your advise on dis email I'[email protected]
26th April 2015, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to enter in banking sector after B.Com? Can I apply for the job?
13th April 2016, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

what to study after 12 for bank job please tellme one course which is opt for bank jobs
16th March 2018, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

What course or what should I take for my studies as because i completed my 12th exam?
How to fill up and apply for banking sector?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?