19th December 2013, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Petroleum job problem: Different compositions of crude oil available in Gulf countries like Dubai, Saudi Arabia?

What are the different compositions of crude oil available in Gulf countries like Dubai,Saudi Arabia etc.., and list out different crude samples available there ? This is onsite, job problem I am facing in my newly joined job.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do masters in Gulf counties like Saudi Arabia, Qatar? I have done B.tech in Electronics and communication
  2. Is PG MSc(MLT) courses available in any universities of Gulf like Qatar, Dubai and Saudi Arabia?
  3. If I study 12th under CBSE in Saudi Arabia then am I eligible to write EAMCET exam of Andhra Pradesh?
  4. Is there any scope for Muslim Female Dentist in Saudi Arabia? Is 6 month enough to get a job in Saudi Arabia after completing BDS?
  5. Whether my daughter be considered as Local Candidate for EAMCET Exam as myself having origin in India and working in Saudi Arabia?
  6. Criteria to appear for SSC exam in Saudi Arabia through correspondence?
  7. How can I get a job in Saudi Arabia, Dubai or Katar after doing BCA? I have 1 year experience in international BPO
  8. How to pursue Ph.D in Saudi Arabia after completing M.E in communication systems?
  9. Is a Candidate Who Completed 10+2 from Saudi Arabia, Eligible for Engineering colleges in Gujarat if he's having Gujarati Domicile?
  10. Admission to Government Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu after passing 10th standard from Saudi Arabia?
  11. Top 10 core companies from India and around the world? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which communication course should I do after B.Tech in ECE to get a good job in Saudi Arabia
  13. How can I get a job in Gulf countries? I am doing B.E in mechanical engineering
  14. EAMCET for a student outside of Andhra Pradesh?
  15. Refer me some consultancies which will help me get a job as Dental Hygienist in Kingdome of Saudi Arabia
  16. How to get a job in Saudi Arabia after completing diploma and B.Tech in Mechanical branch
  17. Courses that would help me to get into Petroleum industry in Gulf industries?
  18. Can I apply for MHT CET if I am not a domicile or 12th passed student of Maharashtra?
7th April 2023, 04:52 AM
4700BC

Default Re: Petroleum job problem: Different compositions of crude oil available in Gulf countries like Dubai, Saudi Arabia?

The crude oils produced in Gulf countries like Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, etc. have a variety of compositions depending on the oil field and geographic region.
The Light sweet crudes, often referred to as Mesopotamian light or Alaskan North Slope crude, have low sulfur content, low density, and low viscosity. Majan crude from Oman is an example of light sweet crude. These crudes command the highest prices as they are cheap and easier to refine.
Medium sour crudes like Saudi Light or Emirates have higher sulfur content and require more processing to remove impurities. Medium crudes make up the majority of oil produced in KSA and UAE oilfields.
Heavy sour crudes such as Kuwait Export crude or Saudi Heavy have high density, high viscosity, and high sulfur content. They contain more impurities and contaminants and require complex refining techniques like coking to process them. Though expensive to refine, they are cherished by refiners for their ability to produce more residual fuel oil and bitumen.

Some other examples of crude oil samples from the Gulf region include:
  • Arab Light - Saudi Arabia's benchmark crude, light, sweet with low sulfur.
  • Arab Heavy - Saudi Arabia's heavy sour crude with high sulfur and viscosity.
  • Basrah Light - Iraq's light sweet crude.
  • Nasr - Kuwait's light sour crude with high sulfur.
  • Badra - Iraq's heavy sour crude.
  • Qatar Marine - Qatar's light sweet crude from offshore oil fields.
  • Das Blend - A blend of seven crudes including Saharan Blend from Algeria. Used as a reference crude for pricing spot market deals.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?