28th January 2014, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Job for experienced Drilling Engineer in Northern Seas or Canada or Arabia?

Hi i am a drilling engineer in HOE Co Ltd, in India. I have one year experience as drilling engineer. I want to take up job out of India, preferably in north sea, Canada, or Arabian Gulf region. Please advice.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any scope for Muslim Female Dentist in Saudi Arabia? Is 6 month enough to get a job in Saudi Arabia after completing BDS?
  2. Which communication course should I do after B.Tech in ECE to get a good job in Saudi Arabia
  3. What is the scope of mechanical engineering? How much salary can I get after B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  4. Whether my daughter be considered as Local Candidate for EAMCET Exam as myself having origin in India and working in Saudi Arabia?
  5. Information to join Indian Army after graduation (completed 2010). -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to Join Indian Military for a B.Tech Mechanical Graduate? Any exam center available in Saudi Arabia for exam? Which books to refer?
  7. Which is a good branch of engineering among the follow? Which has a better scope in future?
  8. Refer me some consultancies which will help me get a job as Dental Hygienist in Kingdome of Saudi Arabia
  9. How to get a job in Saudi Arabia after completing diploma and B.Tech in Mechanical branch
  10. Criteria to appear for SSC exam in Saudi Arabia through correspondence?
  11. Petroleum job problem: Different compositions of crude oil available in Gulf countries like Dubai, Saudi Arabia?
  12. How to pursue Ph.D in Saudi Arabia after completing M.E in communication systems?
  13. Is a Candidate Who Completed 10+2 from Saudi Arabia, Eligible for Engineering colleges in Gujarat if he's having Gujarati Domicile?
  14. Admission to Government Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu after passing 10th standard from Saudi Arabia?
  15. Which course should I do to get a job in Canada?
  16. How may I apply for a job in USA or in Canada? I'm doing B.Sc in Hotel management
  17. How to do diploma course in Petroleum Engineering in distance?
  18. How to do M.Tech in electrical through distance education from Karnataka State Open University
7th April 2023, 04:54 AM
ManojTejPratap

Default Re: Job for experienced Drilling Engineer in Northern Seas or Canada or Arabia?

As an experienced drilling engineer with over a year of experience, expanding your career opportunities outside of India is a good move. The North Sea, Canada, and the Arabian Gulf region are excellent places to consider for seeking work in the oil and gas industry.

The North Sea, spanning the waters between Britain, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany and Belgium, is a major oil and gas production area. It offers high salaries, valuable experience working offshore, and challenging projects in remote locations. However, the cost of living is also quite high in North Sea regions. Large oil companies like BP, Shell, ConocoPhillips frequently hire drilling engineers from India for positions in the North Sea.

Canada’s oil sands and offshore fields in places like Newfoundland represent a growth market for drilling engineers. Canada’s oil sector is competitive but work opportunities and salaries are encouraging. Harsh weather conditions may be a downside. Canadian oil companies that hire international talent include Suncor, CNRL, Cenovus, etc.

Saudi Arabia and other Gulf nations depend heavily on oil exports and aim to increase production through more advanced drilling techniques. However, jobs tend to favor experienced Saudi and other Arab national talent. Foreign workers must prove exceptional skill and experience to land a job. Saudi Aramco is the state-owned oil company that plays a key role in the region's oil production and exports.

While job prospects exist in these regions, cost of relocation, licensure requirements, and competition from local talent are factors to weigh. Gaining additional technical certifications, production optimization experience and safety compliance knowledge can boost your profile. With continuous learning and persistence, you can land a career-advancing opportunity as a drilling engineer in the North Sea, Canada or Arabian Gulf.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?