9th January 2014, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Physical handicapped bright Mechanical engineer lost job

Hi friends,
im a bright student. Did my mechanical engg and started working as a designer engineer. I am blind from one eye since birth and less far vision in the other eye. So after working for 1 year i realised i cant do computer job as i uaed to get total blackouts. Because of this the company fired me saying ur not eligible. Now im without a job.
Im the only child of my parents and they depend on me. I have a sister who has yet To marry. I havnt told them yet abt.the job. im from a less than middle class family. I feel like committing suicide. Please guide me what to do...

19th January 2014, 11:18 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Physical handicapped bright Mechanical engineer lost job

This is the time where you need to be strong. Ask yourself these question "What will your parents and sister will do if you are not there for them?", "Will it make them happy?". You don't have to feel anything bad to tell to your family about what has happened with your job. For sure they will say that the company is not gifted enough to have bright employees like you..

I pretty much know that it will easy for someone like me to say this all but being in the situation really makes us to think all negative and make negative decisions in return. The first thing you can do now is to check yourself with a proper doctor for the problem which you have in your Eye. Far vision problems will be corrected if proper treatment is taken in prior.

Just take your time on this to complete the treatment fully and then start applying for the jobs again which am sure you will be able to get. Try for the jobs which doesn't involve designing that needs you to sit and work only in computer but even if you get the job it won't matter a lot if your treatment goes well.

Make sure you won't see the screen for a longer time in work or in home just take regular breaks in middle when you are with your computer. Take the advice from the doctor and follow the same.

I have attached the list of top companies based on Mechanical Engineering for your reference. Just start checking the requirements there and apply for the same. I am sure you will have a wonderful future just work hard for it
Attached Files
File Type: docx Top mechanical engineering companies in India.docx(20.8 KB, 216 views)
19th January 2014, 10:32 PM
sushri_mhnty

Default Re: Physical handicapped bright Mechanical engineer lost job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends,
im a bright student. Did my mechanical engg and started working as a designer engineer. I am blind from one eye since birth and less far vision in the other eye. So after working for 1 year i realised i cant do computer job as i uaed to get total blackouts. Because of this the company fired me saying ur not eligible. Now im without a job.
Im the only child of my parents and they depend on me. I have a sister who has yet To marry. I havnt told them yet abt.the job. im from a less than middle class family. I feel like committing suicide. Please guide me what to do...
I am so sorry to know your problem and i can understand your situation but dear you are wrong regarding suicide. If you take suiside attend then is every problem you facing and your family facing will closed? You told that you are the only son of your parents so just think about them. Dont lose your hope yar. Nothing is impossible in this world. Join any company and continue you treatment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?