18th July 2017, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a Speech Therapist?

I have completed intermediate with 83%. I’m interested to become a speech therapist. What I have to choose and how? Please help me.

21st July 2017, 09:18 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Speech Therapist?

In order to become a speech therapist you should have completed your 12th standard in science stream from a recognized board. After that you can apply for bachelor's degree course in Audiology & Speech Language Pathology. Some colleges may conduct an entrance examination to select the eligible candidates and some may allow direct admission on the basis of their merit in 12th examination. You can also apply for diploma courses after 12th and PG courses after your graduation for a better future.
21st July 2017, 10:46 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Speech therapist is a good career option if you are more of a public speaker. In order to be a public speaker one needs to a graduate at least otherwise one can pursue a master degree as well in public speaking. The starting salary may range from Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000 a month.
21st July 2017, 11:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for BASLP course, if you are looking to become a speech therapist in future. You need to have class 12th qualification with PCB stream to become eligible for it.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?