10th October 2010, 03:26 PM
akhila thomas

Career as speech and hearing therapist?

i am 17 year old!!next year i am supposed to go to college but i dont know what field to pick!!i have heard about speech and hearing .i want to know more about it.i need help to decide my future.please help

Related Questions:
  1. Stream in 11th without Maths to become a Doctor? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Biology streams available to study in M.Sc for Speech and Hearing graduate?
  3. How to get a government job after completing diploma in speech and hearing at Mumbai
  4. How to study Pathology after passing BSc Microbiology? Procedure for the same?
  5. Colleges in Kerala for Speech & Hearing degree course? Entrance exams and fees for the same?
  6. How can I get admission with full scholarship in Ireland, Singapore, UK or Australia for Master degree in Speech and Hearing programme?
  7. Is it possible for a commerce student to opt for Speech Therapy Course?
  8. Diploma course in hearing listing & speech (D.H.L.S.) - Course Details, Fee Structure, Duration, Entrance Exams?
  9. From where to do the course related to Speech/Hearing and Therapy? What is the qualification requirement?
  10. How should I join speech and hearing degree in Kerala?
  11. List of colleges offering MBA Health Care Management course in Hyderabad? I have done my BSc Speech and Hearing
  12. Colleges from where I can do Speech and Therapy course?
  13. List of jobs a candidate with hearing problem can apply for? I'm interested in technology education and pursuing B.com
  14. Is there any entrance exam for BASLP course?
  15. Entrance exams for masters in speech and hearing in AYJNIHH mumbai and secunderbad, SRMC chennai, AIISH mysore and in KMC mangalore?
  16. Do I have to pay extra fee to do PG Diploma in Neuro Audiology in All India Institute of Speech & Hearing if belongs to other state candidate?
  17. Is there any entrance exam available for admission in BASLP at All India Institute of Speech and Hearing? -- [New]
  18. Entrance exams for masters in speech and hearing in AYJNIHH Mumbai and Secunderbad SRMC Chennai, AIISH Mysore and in KMC Mangalore? Where to get the application forms?
11th October 2010, 08:30 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career as speech and hearing therapist?

If you are interested in speech & hearing,then you can become a speech pathologist.you can also work as an audiologist in hospitals,colleges & universities,state & local health departments etc.
17th October 2010, 10:13 AM
darpan_i994

Thumbs up Re: Career as speech and hearing therapist?

The field you have chosen is the rarest & so let me congratulate you for focusing on one of the emerging need of future world. Speech & Hearing therapies are amongst the techniques that will gain its importance in near future. Today , when you are focusing on that , then there are sometimes children born with some malfunctions in their body . Among that some of them have problem in hearing & speaking . You can work as the therapists providing therapies to them & also in the field of radiology , sound hearing exercise must be given to doctors in order to diagnose the problems. you can also work as their trainers.
Wish you luck for your future & try focusing on it as much as posssible !!
18th October 2010, 07:52 AM
BALAJI K

There are various career in speech and hearing therapist
work as a
1.ENT private hoapital
2.govermant hospital
3.speech technician in psychatric hospitals
18th October 2010, 09:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Speech therapists often work with people having speech-related disorders. Most of these people have the inability to produce sounds, speech rhythm and fluency problems, and voice disorders. A Speech therapist helps people who want to modify accents or have swallowing difficulties. Their work mostly involves in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of speech-related disorders.
Degree course like B.Sc. (S&H) and B.Ed - Hearing Impaired and post graduate course in M.Sc. (S&H) and M.Ed and also a Diploma in Special Education is offered by various institutes all over India. Two Premier Institutions in this field are Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped and The All India Institute of Speech and Hearing.
19th October 2010, 03:15 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Speech and hearing therapists courses comes under the Paramedical courses.There are few institutes in India offering this courses,where the students are trained to be speech therapists and audiologists.It also teaches the students with the about the various speech and hearing impairments.
As you might know that speech impairments includes like slurring of speech, vocal dysphonia, etc. Hearing impairments includes full or partial disability in hearing. People who are born deaf are usually also mute as they cannot hear and nor can they speak. There are several courses on speech therapy like,
B.S.C (speech & hearing), B.S.C (Audiology and Speech & Language), and M.S.C (Speech Pathology and Audiology).This comes under diploma programmes for which 10+2 is necessary.For the Graduation programme of 3 years,10+2 with english,physics,chemistry and biology is essential.some of the Institues offering speech therapy courses are-:

*All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
*J.M Institute of Speech & Hearing, Inderpuri, Keshrinagar, Patna
*Institute of Speech & Hearing, Hannur Road, Bangalore
*Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped,Mumbai
*All India Institute of Speech and Hearing,on the campus of Mysore University.
Speech Therapists are in good demand in India.They can be appointed as practitioners in hospitals,teachers in institutions and in govt. social welfare departments as well as non governmental organisations.
8th January 2011, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

I have personal 28 yrs experience in teaching my own daughter (hearing impaired) - She has passed B.E. (Computer Science) with 75% distinction. I would like to know whether any short term course for speech therapy..Also any age limit is there to join...
23rd January 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

hi, i m a physio n looking for a speech therapist course. A correspondence course by any institute is fruitful for getting a job or not. I mean it will be considered as a qualification or not,coz i m in job want to do course with that
21st March 2011, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

when the entrance exam for speech Theosophy for will be conducted? last date of application ?give me full information
6th May 2011, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

career as hi specialized teacher
14th July 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

i am clinical psychologist.i want to do basic certificate course of speech thearpy.i have need your advise.
22nd July 2011, 06:11 PM
pooja dhasharath

hey hai...i am 23 yr old n am workin an mnc...i wish to serve as a teacher to deaf childrens...wat course shud i go for???
1st May 2013, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Angry Re: Career as speech and hearing therapist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Praveen_Gola View Post
If you are interested in speech & hearing,then you can become a speech pathologist.you can also work as an audiologist in hospitals,colleges & universities,state & local health departments etc.
yes m intrsed in speech therapy what kinds of job for me my id [email protected]
16th April 2018, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Does ali yavar college has entrance exam this year for getting admission for baslp course?(2018)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?