23rd January 2014, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

R&D job after Mechanical engineering?

Iam studying in BE mechanical. i have complected diploma in automobile.
i wan to work in r&D field . my nature is to work piratically not interested in theory.
I am also confuse what i will do after BE like ME,CEED or job

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get a job after passing mechanical engineering
  2. How to do mechanical engineering graduation after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? I am doing a job in private industry
  3. Is NDA entrance exam hard to crack? What is the procedure to crack the exam?
  4. Career and placements in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Job opportunities in government sector after passing B.E mechanical engineering?
  6. Job opportunities for mechanical engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  7. Where can I get a job after completing mechanical engineering? Where can I apply for this?
  8. How to do M.Tech in Mechanical Stream after passing B.E in Aeronautical Engineering?
  9. What kind of job will I get after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? Courses related to Mechanical? Any 3 to 6 months petroleum courses?
  10. Is there any job vacancy for mechanical engineers after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
  11. Engineering colleges where external degree courses are running in mechanical engineering?
  12. How may I get a job in USA after completing mechanical engineering from India?
  13. How to get a government job related to Mechanical Engineering? What is the syllabus? Tips for preparation?
  14. Job after passing out in mechanical engineering?
  15. List of courses related to mechanical engineering which providing job opportunities? List of institutes in Bangalore for the same?
  16. Scope of Mechanical engineering in the coming years?
  17. How to get a government job after passing mechanical engineering with 75% aggregate
  18. Which field is better in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
25th January 2014, 10:17 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: R&D job after Mechanical engineering?

It's good that you wanted your work nature to be in a practical way rather than being in theory which is very much important for taking up Mechanical based jobs but having said that practical works in Mechanical field will not be that easy as it sounds to be R&D work. You need to be ready to do the hard work has a freshers and once you gain experience things will sure change for good in your career.

Now whether to go for job, ME or CEED is absolutely a choice to make on the time you have. If you feel that you need to get a job immediately so that you can work on finance part and then study that should be good but if you feel that you are ready to study if there is a chance then try for job for a month or two if not directly apply for ME course or write the CEED entrance exam by preparing to the exam while searching the job.

CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) 2014 exam results already out which means the exam is over which you can try again next time. To check on more details visit http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/ceed2014/

If CEED is not possible then doing ME is quite a good option too but the important part is you need to make sure in which topic you need the specialization some of the important topics are like Industrial Engineering and Management, Thermal Science, Manufacturing Technology, Energy Management and Material Science and Technology. Just pick the one which you are really interested in and start applying for the colleges which you wanted to. Colleges like NIT, IIT will need the GATE score but others will take in just based on Management quota. Find the best Mechanical Engineering colleges near your locality and apply for them.

You can also plan for doing your Post Graduation degree outside country but it involves lot more research and money to be spent but it all depends on your interest too.

If you are just looking for R&D jobs in Mechanical right now and nothing else planned then CLICK HERE!! to know all the current opening for freshers in Mechanical based companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?