8th December 2015, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Should I quit my job to prepare for IPS exams?

Hi,
I am 26 years old and working in a private company. I am working in a private sector since last 5 years. But now I want to become an IPS Officer. I have completed my graduation around 11 years ago. After that I have joined that company. So, I want your suggestion that, I should quit my job for preparing IPS exams?

20th December 2015, 12:58 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I quit my job to prepare for IPS exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am 26 years old and working in a private company. I am working in a private sector since last 5 years. But now I want to become an IPS Officer. I have completed my graduation around 11 years ago. After that I have joined that company. So, I want your suggestion that, I should quit my job for preparing IPS exams?
No, it is not recommended to quit your current job to become an IPS officer. The UPSC will conduct the Civil Service Examinations. The eligibility to attend the examination is a graduation in any stream from the recognised university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category for OBC 32+3 years and SC/ST 32+5 years. There are preliminary examination, mains examination and interview for the selection. You have to clear the preliminary examination first to appear for mains.
There are many coaching institutes available in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?