20th May 2011, 01:49 AM
neeraj25281

Can I appear for IPS exam after graduating with 48%

hello, i want to ask that i am a graduate with 48% can i appear for IPS exams, and i work in dubai. i want to get the form also for the exam and prepare also for it.
What should i do plz. tell me ?

29th August 2012, 07:55 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS exam after graduating with 48%

Graduation is the qualification to apply for IPS post. No percentage of marks is specified so as to apply for this exam. Only graduates with a pass marks can apply for the same. The age limit for this exam is 30 years. UPSC site will include all information on this exam. You can download application from UPSC site and hence can apply via online for this exam.
18th February 2013, 07:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

As per the notifications there is no percentage limit mentioned means if you have got 48% then also you can apply for IPS Examination.

So don't worry about percentage and start preparing for the examination.

Educational Qualifications for IPS Exam:

Graduation in any discipline are eligible to apply if there degree is from a recognised University. There is no percentage criteria.

Age Limit:

General Category : 21 to 30 years

OBC Category : 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category : 21 to 35 years

Scheme of Examination:

-Civil Services Aptitude Test

-Civil Services Mains Exam

-Interview

In addition you have to pass the medical fitness test and if you are found medically fit then only you will be eligible for IPS Officers post. You als must have the required height and weight for IPS Officer .

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th February 2013, 08:18 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

There is no requirement of any percentage of marks for application to IPS Civil Service Exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th February 2013, 10:13 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after Graduating in any stream you are eligible for IPS. No requirement of any percentage of marks criteria in Graduation in order to apply for IPS, Civil Service Exam.

IPS(Indian Police Service) and to become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation fro reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?