27th August 2013, 05:32 PM
kathirvel.b

How can I prepare for IPS entrance exam? I am studying MCA final year

Hai dear sir/madam., Now i'm during MCA final year, I want to prepare for IPS exams... Please tell the proper way...

10th February 2015, 07:37 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IPS entrance exam? I am studying MCA final year

IPS exam also have some specific physical requirement. Candidate age limit should be between 21 years to 30 years. Incase of OBCs, it is 33 and 35 for SCs/STs . There are four attempts given to the general category, OBCs get 7 attempts and no limit for SCs/STs. There will be training at the National Police Academy, Hyderabad for selected candidates.
Physical features are as follow for IPS aspirants.
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.
For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
The exam has Preliminary and the Mains. Preliminary Examination have objective type questions and Mains have subjective type questions. Candidates should be a graduate in regular stream. You need to be fluent with in Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, DI/DS, Reasoning Ability and General Awareness. Preliminary also comprise of two papers of general studies paper of 150 marks and CSAT. The Mains will comprise of
• Paper I – any Indian language – 300 marks
• Paper II – English –300 marks
• Paper III – Essay- 200 marks
• Paper IV&V - General Studies - 300 marks
• Paper VI-IX - Any two optional subjects – Each paper of 300 marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?