25th September 2015, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between - Offer letter and Call letter?

I want to know about the difference between the terms frequently used by mnc companies i.e offer letter and call letter.

26th September 2015, 06:50 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between - Offer letter and Call letter?

Offer Letter and Call Letter are quite different terms but often mixed and misinterpreted. Offer letter refers to the letter or email or other forms of communication wherein you are confirmed of employment opportunity by the employer. On the other hand, call letter can be of various types especially various purposes. It can be based on certain events like interview, online written tests, etc. wherein shortlisted candidates receive the letter which entitles them eligible to attend it. Call letter can also be in the form of joining letter wherein the employer gives a call to the concerned individual to join their firm by specifying a date and venue. Usually Offer letter for a job role is given first by the employer followed by a call letter stating date of joining and other joining formalities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?