17th April 2015, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to get prepared for campus placements in just less than 1 month time?

I am in my final year of B.tech(cs branch).i m from uptu .i m living in great headache.actually my college is planning to bring companies for us after one month.i m not yet prepared bcoz they have not provide us the name of companies.i have to prepare myself within one month.so please tell me what procedure i have to follow.And also i need advise shoud i prepare for off campus .if yes then how.please help me.

17th April 2015, 08:53 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to get prepared for campus placements in just less than 1 month time?

Actually, you should be always prepared for campus placements. Don't blame anyone. The ways of conducting will be differ but the majority of companies following the same pattern. Aptitude Test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview + Programming Test and HR Interview. Obviously the same pattern will be followed. But slightly differs.

Aptitude Test: Problem on Ages, Time & Work, Probability, Pipes & Cistern, Ages, Odd man out & series, Pipe Charts, Average, Profit & Loss, Boats & Streams, Logarithms, Area, Permutations & Combinations, Simple Interest and Compound Interest.

Majority of question will be asked from above sections. So, try to concentrate on these sections. R.S Aggarawal is best book for quantitative aptitude.

Group Discussion: If you are good in English then no problem. You can manage it. But try to practice on your own topics. Sometimes they will give choice of students whatever they are wiling and interested to speak. At the time, you can easily manage and aware of what happening in the current scenario. I mean current affairs. Follow the current affairs. Majority of GD, the panel members will decide the current affairs topics like Social Network, Education in India, Corruption and Women Empowerment.

Technical Interview: Go through the basics of C, C++, Java, Operating System and Data Structures. Maximum question will be asked from your resume. So be careful on that.

HR Interview: Formality, just be yourself. Be Confident. They will ask simple questions like tell me about your self, relocation, family background, strength and weakness, about company and goals.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?