17th February 2015, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

What should I study in B.Tech to get job in TCS?

sir,
i have many more dream to join tcs.
so basically what i learn??
m in 12th right now and prepaing for
entrance exam for admission in btech
kindly tell me what to study in btech?

22nd February 2015, 04:59 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in B.Tech to get job in TCS?

It is nice to see that you have an ambition and want to work in the path to achieve it. TCS is basically a consultancy group in the IT services field. Hence you need to work on programming to get job in TCS. This is the prime criteria. TCS mainly deals with Java related projects, hence it will be helpful if you can learn and do programming in Java. If you are good at Java you can get preference in the selection process of TCS. Apart from this you need to know the fundamentals and have knowledge of your domain. TCS also tests aptitude and communication skill. Hence you need to practice aptitude and improve your communication skill especially email writing, speaking skill to find way into TCS. Taking up Computer Science/ IT branch is ideal for TCS.
6th April 2015, 12:24 AM
sanspeur

TCS stand for tata consultancy services .
It is one of reputed organization to work for breeding professional as for better career prospective.
As you have decided that you have to join TCS is good decision .
So you have work according to plan and chose effective branch for this.
You can chose either it ,computer science or ece in your engineering stream.
As TCS is it company so one should have good understanding of programming languages.
So you have to opt either of these stream in order to fulfill your dream to work as TCS employee.
Foe this it is advisable that you should start focussing on your computer skill in your btech studies.
7th April 2015, 02:32 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
i have many more dream to join tcs.
so basically what i learn??
m in 12th right now and prepaing for
entrance exam for admission in btech
kindly tell me what to study in btech?
Hello there,

Since, you are in 12th right now. so, during the the time of admission to the B.E or B.tech you must opt for the Computer Science or Electronic Branch in order to sit for the TCS company. Then only you will be eligible for the Campus recruitment Drive.

Hope i am clear to you.
Thanks for Posting in EALP !!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?