13th February 2016, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Whether eligibility crtiera for on-campus placement is same in TCS and CTS or not?

Hi, I am a student of B.Tech Electrical Engineering stream. I have a CGPA of 59% i.e 6.64 (upto 6th semester). I have 86.8% in 10th level & 81.2 in 12th level. I want to if the eligibility criteria of TCS and CTS is same for the campus placement or not?

13th February 2016, 11:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether eligibility crtiera for on-campus placement is same in TCS and CTS or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am a student of B.Tech Electrical Engineering stream. I have a CGPA of 59% i.e 6.64 (upto 6th semester). I have 86.8% in 10th level & 81.2 in 12th level. I want to if the eligibility criteria of TCS and CTS is same for the campus placement or not?
As per marks criteria, you are eligible for TCS and CTS recruitment.

CTS and TCS are reputed multinational company.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for CTS and TCS are,

TCS= 60%

CTS=60%

Candidates should't have any pending backlog.

More than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for CTS and TCS recruitment.
13th February 2016, 11:30 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether eligibility crtiera for on-campus placement is same in TCS and CTS or not?

The eligibility criteria is not same for both CTS and TCS. It slightly varies in percentage of marks.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for TCS is that the candidate must have secured above 60% marks throughout his academic career.

An the eligibility criteria required to apply for CTS is that the candidate must have passed class 10 and class 12 with above 60% marks and candidate must have secure above 70% marks in his/ her graduation degree.

For both the companies, the candidate shouldn't possess any active arrears.
14th February 2016, 09:28 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are a student of Electrical Engineering student having CGPA of 59% and want to know about the eligibility criteria of placement in TCS and CTS.

>>I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for campus placement in TCS or CTS. The thing is that the minimum eligibility for sitting in the placement drive for these companies is that student must possess at least 60% marks in their B.Tech degree. If you are in the final year of B.Tech degree then you have to try your best to score good marks in the last semester to get at least 60% marks in aggregate.

>>You can also see this thing in the official website of TCS too.

Website:http://www.careers.tcs.com/CareersDe...EOffCampus.jsp
14th February 2016, 12:44 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the eligibility criteria of TCS and CTS is more or less same since both the companies have the following eligibility criteria.

- You should have at least 60% in the entire career.
- You should not have backlogs.
- There should not be more than 2 years of academic gap.

However, these companies give some relaxation to the students of the institutes with whom they have a tie-up of Day-1 on-campus placement drive.
14th February 2016, 11:42 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, the eligibility criteria are not same in TCS and CTS.
For TCS the percentage of marks required from 10th, 12th and Engineering is 60% or above in the first attempt. The candidate shouldn’t have any standing arrears. Only full time course is considered for selection. The website link is http://www.careers.tcs.com/CareersDe...areersHome.jsp

For CTS the percentage of marks from 10th, 12th and Engineering is 70%. The candidate should not have any standing arrears. The aspirant can check the job details in the website link http://www.cognizant.com/careers
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?