25th July 2012, 01:05 AM
neeraj_m
Senior Member+++++

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School Admissions- Mathematics Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers

The question paper has 30 questions in all, divided into two parts, A and B, each having 15 questions. All questions are multiple choice type and the answers have to be circled on the OMR answer sheet provided. No calculators are permitted in the examination hall so the candidate must consult the convention and notation chart provided at the beginning of the question paper for all calculations. The marking scheme is 1 mark for each correct answer and -1 for each incorrect one. So the students are advised to mark only when completely sure. Some of the questions are: how many generators does a cyclic group of 60 have, what is the last digit of 2^80, if f is a one to one function from the closed interval [0, 1] to the real set of numbers R, then f must be onto, or range of f must contain a rational number, or range of f must contain an irrational number or contain both rational and irrational numbers, the total number of subsets in a set of 6 elements is 720, 6^6, 21 or none of the above.

Related Questions:
  1. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School Admissions- Biology Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  2. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School Admissions- Physics Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  3. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School Admissions- Mathematics Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  4. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School Admissions- Chemistry Exam Download Previous YearÂ’s Question Papers
  5. List of colleges which offer BSc Astrophysics course in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What should i do after my 12th with maths and biology stream? I have interest in astronomy
  7. How can I get admission in IIT for Ph.D in Astronomy programme?
  8. Can I do PhD in Astronomy at IIT? How can I do that? -- [New]
  9. Old question papers for TIFP Computer Science?
  10. Previous year question papers with solution of Chemistry for Ph.D admission at TIFR Graduate School?
  11. Where to download ONGC graduate trainee entrance exam?
  12. Which institute is preferable, either Chennai mathematical Institute, Institute of Mathematical sciences(Chennai), Mehta research institute or Tata institute of fundamental research(Mumbai)?
  13. Previous years question papers of MSc mathematics entrance? I am a graduate of BSc Mathematics
  14. Institute of Mathematics and Applications B.Sc(Hons) in Mathematics and Computing Entrance Examination Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  15. IETE DIPIETE-ET (Old Scheme) Mathematics-II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Colleges for masters degree in astrophysics? correspondence course in astrophysics?
  17. FORE School of Management (FSM) Entrance Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. How to do Ph.d in India while pursuing MSc in Microbiology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?