11th March 2016, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Age limit to get admission in ICSE UKG for 3 years old candidate?

Hi,
My daughter is now 3 years old currently she is in LKG. In ICSE, few schools are ready to take admission for UKG and some school are preferring her LKG and says age is suitable. What is exact age limit for ICSE UKG admission?

13th March 2016, 11:53 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age limit to get admission in ICSE UKG for 3 years old candidate?

Age Criteria Required to get admission in ICSE UKG for 3rd Class:

No, your daughter is not eligible to get admission to UKG in ICSE board being a 3 years old child. The minimum age required for getting admission into LKG is "4 years" and the minimum age required for UKG Admission is 5 years. With the 3 years age, she is eligible to get admission in LKG. But as far as my knowledge is concerned, I suggest you to join her in LKG for now and later you may join here in UKG when she will be 5 years old child.
13th March 2016, 06:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

ICSE has not specified any particular age limit for providing admission in UKG. However, the schools which offer admission must have to check whether the candidate's age is suitable for that particular class or not. The minimum age required to get admission in UKG is 4 years. Since, your daughter is only 3 years old, she is not eligible to get admission in ICSE UKG, even if you join her in UKG at the age of 3 years in any school, she will face age problems while appearing in ICSE 10th standard board examinations.
16th March 2016, 12:12 AM
Indian knowledge

There is no age limit given in ICSE board for admission
In UKG . But there is age limit in 10th standard between 14 to 16 years. So your child should be get admission in UKG at the age of 4 years.
This is helpful for him to study further.
4th February 2017, 10:21 AM
tkrmani_it

My daughter is born on 2 May 2014 and now she is on pre-kg in a Matriculation school. I want to get her admission done in LKG in any CBSE school. So tell me about the minimum age limit for this?
30th April 2017, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

My son is born on 05 Feb 2014 and he is good in study. I want to get his admission done in UKG in CBSE school. So tell me can possible for admission?
1st May 2017, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

My son DOB is May 2008. As per matric syllabus, his age was 3 plus for LKG. He continued till 1st standard. 2nd to 4t standard he did cbse syllabus and now when we seek admission in Chennai for 5th standard, this rule of under-age came up and we are told to repeat 4th standard so that he can appear for 10th exams without issues. Is there any other way to continue 5th and go ahead without losing one more year for the same class? Any other syllabus which has a different age cutoff?
17th June 2017, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

My daughter date of birth is 8th Aug 2013, could you please let me know is she eligible for LKG - ICSE Syllabus
29th March 2018, 04:45 AM
Unregistered

My daughter DOB is 23rdMay 2014, what is the exact age limit to join in ICSE LKG and UKG admission?
10th April 2019, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam my son is having 5.3 years old.now we want to get admission to 1 std in CBSE board is this possible?
3rd June 2019, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Hi...my son date of birth is..28 /05/2010..is he elegible to study for 5th class in ICSE syllabus schools?
20th November 2019, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

The date of birth of my daughter is 26/05/2016. Admission in which class (NURSERY/LKG) would be suitable for her in the academic year, 2020-2021 in schools of CBSE or ICSE board
22nd November 2019, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Age limit of Class 5 and class 10 admission?
4th March 2020, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is born on 08 nov 2015 and he is good in study. I want to get his admission done in UKG in CBSE school. So tell me can possible for admission?
5th March 2020, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

My son s age is 3 yrs 1 month. He is born on feb6th 2017 . Can he go to LKG ..?? Or he should study nursery ?? for the academic year 2020-2021
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?