26th May 2015, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for 10th CBSE Board exam if discontinued studies after 8th?

Hello everyone,
I want to give Board exams of 10th CBSE.
I haven't went to school. I quit my school
in 8th standard. Should it be given by me?
I am eligible to apply for 10th Board exams?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do diploma course after passing 10th with 78% form CBSE board
  2. How to appear for 12th without passing 8th and 10th from Punjab board?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for SSLC?
  4. What is the age limit for CBSE Schools? Is my son eligible for IV CBSE or not?
  5. Minimum age for appearing in 10th class CBSE? -- [New]
  6. What are the eligibility criteria for CET, Karnataka? I have done schooling up to 7th std(CBSE board) from Saudi Arabia and planning to move to karnataka for further studies from 8th std to 12th through CBSE board
  7. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  8. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  9. At what age one can appear in 10th CBSE board exams?
  10. Will I be considered Local or Non-Local in eamcet? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility for CET exam in 2013 after 11th and 12th from Andhra state board and 4th to 10th from CBSE?
  12. Possible problems after shifting from CBSE to Maharashtra board?
  13. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  14. Eligibility for repeating 10th class from CBSE board to Punjabi board after a break of 20 years?
  15. Possibility to get admission in 8th CBSE board for 7th ICSE candidate?
  16. Eligibility to appear in 10th Bangalore Board exam externally for 16 years old candidate?
  17. Which one should choose between CBSE and State board for further studies after scoring 78% marks in 10th CBSE board?
  18. Am I eligible to do Graduation from distance mode if I have completed 8th from Rajasthan board?
1st June 2015, 05:59 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply for 10th CBSE Board exam if discontinued studies after 8th?

No its not possible to get admission in directly 10th class in CBSE board because registration is done in 9th class for 10th Board exams and you are not registered yet so you are not eligible to sit in 10th class board exams
You must need to appear in 9th class to get admission in 10th class but if you don't wanna take admission in 9th class so in that case you have one another option that is NIOS board National institute of open Schooling they will provide you admission in the 10th class directly no need to appear in 9th class but the truth is that nios board is recognized board but not reputed board so its your choice what you wanna do , but i suggests you appear in 9th class
1st June 2015, 06:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for 10th CBSE Board exam if discontinued studies after 8th?

No you are not eligible for writing Class 10th CBSE board examination having discontinued your studies after passing Class 8th as the minimum educational qualification for same is Class 9th passed student that too from a school affiliated to CBSE as the registration for Class 10th board examination is done in the Class 9th only .

So for writing the same you first get admitted in Class 9th of any school affiliated to CBSE and then complete it for your enrollment in Class 10th and hence for writing Class 10th board examination .

Also for the same your age must be over 14 years 4 months at the time of same examination .

The 10th CBSE board examination is conducted in two ways which are internal board examination held in the same school in which you are studying and other type is the external board examination held in the school provided by the board .The selection depends on the personal choice of the students .

For more details regarding the academics and syllabus for the same examination log on to the official link of CBSE i.e; www.cbse.nic.in .
1st June 2015, 07:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for 10th CBSE Board exam if discontinued studies after 8th?

No, you are not eligible to apply for 10th standard CBSE Board examinations if you have discontinued your studies after completion of your 8th standard. To be eligible to appear in CBSE 10th standard Board examinations, you must have pursued 10th standard from any CBSE Board school. Since, you have not pursued 9th and 10th standards, you are not eligible to apply for CBSE 10th standard Board examinations.
1st June 2015, 10:45 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for 10th CBSE board exam, because students who have completed their 9th standard are only eligible to apply for 10th CBSE board exams. So, first you should complete your 8th and 9th standard to appear for 10th CBSE board exam. So, try to join in any CBSE school and try to complete your 8th and 9th standard to apply for 10th CBSE board exams.
10th April 2022, 02:55 AM
Unregistered

I m discontinued my studies in 10 should I re exam through ycmou.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?