24th September 2014, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for JEE Main and Advance?

Sir im pursuing diploma after 12th from a institute which is recognised by aicte, so i want to know, am i eligible for jee-main nd advance nd my date of birth is 10/03/1995....
Pls give me advice nd clear my doubt

28th September 2014, 09:04 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JEE Main and Advance?

Yes, you are eligible for JEE Mains examination but whether you are eligible or not for JEE Advanced exam will be known, once you appear and qualify in the JEE Advanced examination. If you qualify in the JEE Main examination and if you are among the top 1,50,000 rankers, then you are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced examination.

To to be eligible to appear for JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects from a recognised board. You will have maximum of three attempts to appear for JEE Main examination, one is when you are appearing in the 12th standard, next two chances will be after completion of your 12th standard, after that you are not eligible to appear for the JEE Main examination. Since, you have completed 12th standard and pursuing Diploma course, you are eligible to appear for JEE Main examination on 12th standard basis and not on the Diploma basis. As per your date of birth, you are eligible to appear for both the JEE Main as well as the JEE Advanced examination.
28th September 2014, 04:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JEE Main and Advance?

You can apply for JEE Mains and Advanced on the basis of your 12th class. Just make sure that you have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education.

You can appear for JEE with two consecutive attempts on the basis of your 10+2. No need to do any diploma for JEE. You have to leave Diploma course, if you clear JEE and take admission in a B.Tech Engineering course.

Doing Diploma Engineering after 10+2 is not a good option and it is better to opt for Diploma straight after 10th class as it will save your precious years and make you eligible for lot of jobs.

Now you can decide what is better for you and take decision with a calm mind. If you are opting for JEE then make sure that you are very well prepared for it because getting admission in a top engineering colleges should be your aim.

For more information visit http://jeemain.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?