24th September 2014, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Number of permissible attempts for JEE Main and Advance?

If in class xii we have not attempted jee main then also two attempts for JEE advance are left.

26th September 2014, 10:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Number of permissible attempts for JEE Main and Advance?

The number of permissible attempts for JEE Main examination is three times uniformly for all the candidates in the consecutive years. Suppose, if the candidate has completed his 12th or equivalent in 2013 or 2014 or appearing in 12th standard in 2015 are eligible to appear for the JEE Main 2015. That means, if you have not appeared for the JEE Main examination, when you are in the 12th standard, then, you will have two more choices to appear for the JEE Main examination. By qualifying the JEE main and if you are in the top 1,50,000 rank from all the categories, then you are eligible to appear for the JEE Advance examination.
30th June 2015, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

I got 3193 Rank in jee advanced-2014 ,But according to my choices i was not alloted a seat.Is there any possibility of gaining seat with last year's rank??
8th August 2015, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

How many chance iwill get for advance after 12th if I appeared in 12 for mains
9th August 2015, 01:03 AM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Red face Re: Number of permissible attempts for JEE Main and Advance?

JEE :- Joint entrance exam .
*) It was conducted for 2 level students who completed it with aggregate percentage .
-> No of attempts is only 3 times for each individual .
-> Qualifying marks depends on categorized caste .
-> Once you are qualified in JEE
* You are eligible to participate in IIT exams.
*> The qualifying marks depends on your caste .
* One who qualified in JEE but disqualified in IIT they can prefer NIT's
* One who cracks both they can prefer IIT"s.
9th August 2015, 06:20 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.
Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) conducts JEE mains and advance for admission in the engineering colleges .
Through JEE mains and advance , students get admission in IIT colleges, NIT colleges and some of the state colleges such as of Rajasthan,Punjab etc...
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and National Institute of Technology(NIT) are the best colleges in India to study B.Tech and other engineering degree programs.

IITs takes admission on the basis of JEE Advance rank and NITs and other colleges provide seats for admission on the basis of JEE Mains rank.

Students can appear 3 times in JEE Mains and 2 times in JEE Advance in the years following years including the year in which they appeared for 12th boards examination.
30th June 2016, 11:02 PM
Ronie0309

There are a total of 3 attempts for JEE Mains and a total of 2 attempts for JEE Advanced.
But these attempts have to be taken in consecutive years after the 12th standard, including the year in which you are in the 12th standard.
Thus if you have not appeared for JEE Mains and subsequently JEE Advanced while in 12th, then you only have 2 more chances to attempt the JEE Mains exam and 1 more chance to attempt the JEE Advanced exam.
14th June 2019, 02:11 PM
Deepanshu3010

The no. of attempts allowed for JEE mains is three while for JEE advanced it is two.

Since you have not attempted your first attempt the no. of attempts left for you are:-
JEE mains- 2
JEE advanced-1

But to appear in JEE advanced you have to qualify JEE mains.

I hope you get it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?